Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
:// 05 AV6 6MT
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Whats up guys. Diabolic here with my 05 AV6 6MT. I've been a visitor of V6P now for a total of four years, but never joined until now. I usually checked out the 6th Gen forum, but after my 6th gen AV6 pissed me off (auto tranny problems) it was time to look for a new car. I was looking into getting an S2K, but I found a KILLER deal with this 7th gen two months ago.

I found an ad on Craigslist of all places for a 2005 Honda Accord EX-L 6MT for $11,500 with 50,xxx miles. At first I thought it was a fake ad, but after calling the seller, I set up a meet. The car was in MINT condition, it was obvious the car was well taken care of. The seller was an older gentleman who worked as a rocket scientist, and wanted to sell the car because he was moving out of state. He had every single Honda service record receipt as well. So long story short, I offered him $10,500 and he took it! He also mentioned that he had several calls about the car after I showed up to see the car. I offered him $500 bucks as a deposit to hold it for me while I went to the bank the next day. If that's not a killer deal, I don't know what is.

Let me know what you guys think/recommend!

Heres a few pics:

::Front View::

::Side View::

::The Business::

::Gotta have the Domo in the back +10HP::

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
wow, its was well take care of.

·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe later down the road ill add a few performance mods when the car gets up in mileage. For now I really want to keep the engine fairly stock, and add a few exterior upgrades like a full HFP kit, lowering sprints and window tint. Im really digging you S/C'd guys though! Im really dissapointed in the lack of aftermarket support for AV6's. The i4's have a ton of support, you'd figure company's would cater to the higher displacement engines. Then again, the 6/6 only makes up 10% of the Accord line.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you want the HFP lip kit, you might want to jump on finding the pieces now. They are getting really hard to find, though your color might be easier since it's not so common. Good luck with the car, looks like you have a solid starting block.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Man, very nice! I almost had that same car but missed it by a few hours (carmax w/ navi). Ended up with my black pearl one instead. Very nice car man. Great deal too! I paid 12 for mine a year older and with 30K more on the ODO. Check through the documents to make sure the tranny TSB was performed so you dont have any third gear issues.

·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you want the HFP lip kit, you might want to jump on finding the pieces now. They are getting really hard to find, though your color might be easier since it's not so common. Good luck with the car, looks like you have a solid starting block.
Thanks for the tips!

·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, very nice! I almost had that same car but missed it by a few hours (carmax w/ navi). Ended up with my black pearl one instead. Very nice car man. Great deal too! I paid 12 for mine a year older and with 30K more on the ODO. Check through the documents to make sure the tranny TSB was performed so you dont have any third gear issues.
Thanks for the compliments. As a matter of fact I did see some paperwork from honda about the original owner (the guy I bought it from) having trouble getting into 3rd. I dont think I saw any actual repairs. Im thinking the dealer probably played it off. I might have to get that done down the road, but so far the car shifts smoothly.

·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Let me know if you have any luck with hfp kit. I cannot find one :(
Really? My local Honda dealer has them in stock. Their really expensive though. I just checked H and A accessories, they used to carry them cheap about 2 months ago! I called them just now and they don't carry them anymore :(. Weaksauce, looks like I'll have to live off Top Rawmen for about a month to be able to afford one now LMAO!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts