Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Killer of clutches
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah, ive never studied anything mechanical, everything i know ive picked up on my own. same with driving stick, i just converted the car and tought myself.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
ok so what did you do again???

oh...grille....sorry I got sidetracked by that fmic =]

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
^^ Lmao

·
Registered
751 Posts
now i say go to home depot and get some metal grill stuff and paint it black chrome or something because someone could easily pop your hood and steal whatever they want from down there, and i think it looks better personally with a grill in there, bt that looks sick

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
yep, pretty nice work. someone a long time ago did something like this, but was nothing compared to this quality work.

·
Killer of clutches
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys, im glad you like it. soon enough ill be getting a nice CF hood to go with the front, and some mesh for behind that grill. i just dont know what type to use, i cant find any i really like. i want it to be similar to the plastic mesh behind the lower grill on the 01-02 bumpers.

·
Killer of clutches
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea... all i did was cut out the H emblem and th cross bar thing, that left 3 big holes. i fiberglassed over the holes, covered the entire thing in bondo, starteed sandning til there was very little bondo left and all the surfaces were smooth. gave it some paint, sanded and repeated, then gave it a final coat. this cost me maybe 15-20 dollars, all that the money went to was 2 cans of bumper paint and a pack of sandpaper since i ran out of 220 grit. i already had a ton of fiberglass and resin, so i didnt even have to buy that.

it was actually really really hard to get it all smooth, but so worth it, it makes the car look really neat, and when i get the mesh behind it, and possibly the accord emblem offset on the right like the prelude oem grille, it should look nice. but, ill see how it looks with just the mesh and ill decide then.

i still have a big brake kit i have to install. i was so close to doing it today, the day before i have to drive back to school, but to be honest, im too worried about doing mods and not having time to test them before i have a long ass drive tomorrow... so ill hold off on them for now at least, if i get some nice weather one weekend, ill do them at shcool, but most likely all the mods will sit till spring. the only thing i have planned are my dyno tuning and cold start tuning, changing my oil pan and turbo oil return and then installation of my romulator.

unfortunately, itll most likely be snowing when i get back to school so my car wont get driven that much. hopefully it wont be a long winter and i wont have to sit around waiting to work on it, although last year i managed to work on it in bad weather.

i need to redo my interior LED's, so tahts a project i have to do as well. oh, and my NRG engien damper is still sitting at my frfiends waiting for him to make my custom bracket, but once thats done, at least ill have something cool to insall in the car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts