Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was looking forward to purchasing the simulated wood overlay for our cars around the climate controls and thought it was all the same til i ran across this EBAY ad about it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-0...038667897QQcategoryZ33705QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He said it doesnt fit because of the auto and manual thing but it looks like it should be the same size for both. Anyone have any idea if they really are different or not. HandA.com says nothing about the differences.

That sale is also a ripoff.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
yea i think the auto just has a big hole...the manual has little individual holes for each button in the middle. du3ce...what kind of screen do you have? is it touch screen? =]

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
since the guy is selling overlays this should fit in your car. The top pictures posted by hammer03 isn't very accurate because that one has been seriously modified.

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
CRV_33 said:
since the guy is selling overlays this should fit in your car. The top pictures posted by hammer03 isn't very accurate because that one has been seriously modified.
nah, its mine, the top one is just as accurate, i didnt cut anything above the top of the screen. the whole climate control part is accurate.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
00accord said:
The are the same except for the knob part

The knob part is different but its just within the face though not the overlay itself. Its just an OEM cover so I dont see how its different.

I think hammer03 has it all mixed up. I know that there is a difference in the selection area but not the cover around it itself. That guy(seller) makes it seem as if there is some difference so the two arent interchangeable and I want to know before I spend money on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have a 98,99,or00 model it will fit regardless of the type of climate control you have. If you have a 01 or 02 it will NOT fit. His auction is wrong.

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
Legendaryyaj said:
The knob part is different but its just within the face though not the overlay itself. Its just an OEM cover so I dont see how its different.

I think hammer03 has it all mixed up. I know that there is a difference in the selection area but not the cover around it itself. That guy(seller) makes it seem as if there is some difference so the two arent interchangeable and I want to know before I spend money on it.
what do i have mixed up? there are obviously two different kinds of radio and CC bezels, pictures of both have been posted here?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I guess Im an Idiot. The only difference I cant tell is the 12345 on the manual besides the manual selection buttons. The over all shape is the same to me it seems.

Thanks for the insightful help though Mr. KNOWITALL!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For someone who has not seen the 01-02 you could not make out what it looks like from the pic you posted of Dueces. You cant see anything but the knobs and the buttons appear to be the same with the little dip but it doesnt have that upon view of other pieces I found on myself.

I was going by the comparo of what 00Accord posted, which was way more clear and confused me, thats why I had a response which was followed by a SMARTA$$ remark from tofu. You really cant see it from Duece's pic unless you have seen a 01-02, its way too dark in that area.

Thanks Hammer.

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
sorry man, it was the first pic i found of that style of bezel. i guess since i've seen em both before, i knew what to look for. anyway, gl finding some wood trim. they tend to be kinda expensive as the sticker kits, but i've seen just the radio bezel in wood print for like 25ish bucks. on ebay

1 - 20 of 35 Posts