Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get some HID's for my ride and was wondering if I need to get D2r bulbs. I'm not to sure what they are exactly compared to the ones I would like to buy... Click here for a pic.

I wanted to put them in my stock housing so will the d2r even fit?

·
Registered
763 Posts
aleyzonme said:
I wanted to get some HID's for my ride and was wondering if I need to get D2r bulbs. I'm not to sure what they are exactly compared to the ones I would like to buy... Click here for a pic.

I wanted to put them in my stock housing so will the d2r even fit?
d2r will not fit into stock housings and nor do I recommend putting HID's into stock housings. They will most likely blind people going in the opposite direction. Anyways if you must get hid's into your stock housings you need to find a 9006 hid bulb kit. The one in the link will work. Make sure the kit comes with a wiring harness for the ballasts tho, or it may fry your stock head lamp wires. www.xenondepot.com seems to make quality kits.
For the best possible hid solution I'd get a hid projector retrofit, I love mine.

·
Registered
255 Posts
a rebased d2r bulb would work but the glare sucks like hell....do it right the first time and get yourself a retro, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Da_iLLeZt_TL973 said:
yea d2r are for reflector housings and the d2s bulbs are for projector housings
So D2Rs are for HID optic reflectors or Halogen reflector optics??? I 'm confused b/c the 1998+ RL had reflector housings with HIDs in them!!!!!!! Same with the old 2002 TL/CL with big headlights.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Fuggedaboutid: said:
So D2Rs are for HID optic reflectors or Halogen reflector optics??? I
D2R is for HID reflector housings and D2S is for HID projectors. No HID bulbs are made for halogen headlights unless you include rebased bulbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts