Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the 20 pages on CAI's on this site and I have a quick question. It seems that almost 99% of the people on here either have an Injen CAI or a AEM V2. Is something wrong with the AEM CAI (V1)? Or is it just a price issue? I know the V2 is aobut the same price new and the Injen is cheaper. So is that why hardly anyone uses the AEM V1?

Only reason I ask is because I'm about to buy a used AEM CAI V1 for a good price and I was just curious. Thanks for any feedback!

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
masterface said:
I have the V1. It sounds and feels great, I also got a killer deal on it too.
Yea, that's why I'm getting it. Just weird that almost no one is running the V1. I guess the "new technology" won out in the end. And I know the Injen is cheaper than the AEM CAI so that's why I figured most went with Injen. Honestly, I would have gone with INjen if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on this AEM intake. I had a horrible problem with AEM when I had their V2 for my RSX-S :(

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flyvtec said:
What kind of problem did you have with the V2 on your RSX-S?
The material on the outside of the intake started rusting and bubbling within 2 months of me putting it on. Also, the craftmanship of the piping on the inside was lacking big time. There were scratches and scuffs all over the place. I called AEM and got it replaced under warranty. They said to ship it out to them using whatever method I wanted, and they would replace it and ship it back to me using the same method I used.

3 months later, and numerous e-mails and phone calls later, I finally got my intake. Oh yea, I used 2 day shipping to send it out to them, and then they had the gall to send me it back 3 months later using 5 day ground mail.

They said they ran out of intake piping - what a bunch of bullshit. They are the manufactuer! I asked them politely if they could buy a piece of piping back from one of their distributors and they said no. Mind you, at this time I was running Hondata so I had to run an aftermarket intake. As a result, I had to buy a ****** ass short ram intake to get me through.

So my experience with AEM was pretty much terrible. I thought I'd never do business with them again, but this price on the CAI is too good to pass up. So I guess I'll have another AEM!

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
yea same here, I got it kuz of new technology, all the hype, good deal, looks... now that i realize that i cant put a bypass valve w/o infringing on the performance of the V2... i prob would of went w/ injen/aem v1 to play it safe, now i gotta be careful w/ water and itll always be in the back of my head

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
mbr311 said:
The material on the outside of the intake started rusting and bubbling within 2 months of me putting it on. Also, the craftmanship of the piping on the inside was lacking big time. There were scratches and scuffs all over the place. I called AEM and got it replaced under warranty. They said to ship it out to them using whatever method I wanted, and they would replace it and ship it back to me using the same method I used.

3 months later, and numerous e-mails and phone calls later, I finally got my intake. Oh yea, I used 2 day shipping to send it out to them, and then they had the gall to send me it back 3 months later using 5 day ground mail.

They said they ran out of intake piping - what a bunch of bullshit. They are the manufactuer! I asked them politely if they could buy a piece of piping back from one of their distributors and they said no. Mind you, at this time I was running Hondata so I had to run an aftermarket intake. As a result, I had to buy a ****** ass short ram intake to get me through.

So my experience with AEM was pretty much terrible. I thought I'd never do business with them again, but this price on the CAI is too good to pass up. So I guess I'll have another AEM!
I C ... sorry to hear that ... I had the AEM V1 on my Prelude and I had a good time with it. I'll have to keep my eye on the V2 and hope I don't have the same problems as you. Thanks for the info.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just keep your eye out on the powdercoating near the bend of the pipe. That's where mine had problems.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the AEM V1 on my car as well. Only had it a couple of weeks but no problems so far. I got it cause it has CARB# and V2 does not yet (no problems with cops). Also I got it in blue to match my underhood theme (of blue of course :D ) Finally got great deal from JC Whitney, only $123 + shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts