Accord V6 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
He has an auto.... you are better off buying a car that already has a j37 inside. It will cost you a ton of money to swap everything and make it work. Will need the entire wiring harness, ecu, transmission, mounts, sensor and etc.

Just get a j32a3 and slap it on your auto accord
That's my plan if I develop any engine issues. Same prices for either engine, might as well go for the one with more power.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
That's my plan if I develop any engine issues. Same prices for either engine, might as well go for the one with more power.
you could also do a J35a6 from a Odyssey for that extra tq.

·
Registered
57 Posts
LSD swapp into 6speed tranny

I got my hands on an acura tl lsd compatible with my 6speed tranny. I could get another tranny but I know the one im currently using is working well and reliable so im sticking with that. Has anyone ever swapped out the open diff to put it in. If I can get any insight it will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I did it. Really not that bad. Pls for the love of god follow the fsm, measure the preload on the new diff, do the calculation to select proper shim thickness to get the preload within spec. Also replace the carrier bearings and outer races while ur at it. And don't put the input shaft seal in backwards. I did this and had to pull the entire motor/trans again, split the trans again, and seal it again....all for a $6 seal.

Also if u choose to replace the axle seals don't drive them in too deep. The edge of the seal should b flush w the trans/clutch case. Again, a job I had to do twice bc I didn't have this info

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just like to share my build on my 04 coupe 6-6.
J32a3 block. Resurface block
J35a8 crank/ rods/ pistons
J35a8 heads. No head work just valve lapping
310cc injector
Stock tranny
Full bolt on
Running j32a3 ecu
Heres a vid of me trying to keep up with my neighbors mr2 sw20 with a 4th gen 3sgte swap boosting 18psi. I believe they would be putting down around 300whp more or less.
https://youth.be/xphtoBudHAM

·
Registered
3 Posts
j37 frankenstein

Just finished my 05 coupe J37 frank. Have some vids but not enough post due to me being a new member. So here is one post. 9 to go

·
Registered
25 Posts
2005 acura tl motorswap

Hey guys sorry for posting here since I am a new member and i have to post at least 10 times.
I have been reading and following this post for about a month and have done plenty of research but cannot find exactly what I am looking for.Hopefully you guys can chime in for assistance. many thanks in advance.
long story short my engine started knocking and now will not start.
I found a 2005 Acura Tls MT engine with ecu, ignition,keys and immobilizer.I am about to do the swap this weekend.
I read in previous page that some people who have done the swap are getting a lean code and that either some pin needs to be re plugged or the fuel pressure regulator needs to be changed but nobody posted after that.

Can any expert please advice as to what else i would need to complete the swap. Right now I have the engine and the ecu and the ignition keys with the immobilizer.I will be using my accord manual trans as it is a bolt on swap.
FYI I have a 2003 accord V6 MT fully loaded with the navi and all.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
swap the motor and use the stock accord ecu, no idea about doing the tl ecu repin

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a j30a4 accord, i have the cl type s tranny with lsd, the 3.7L intake and throttle body with an intakemanifold spacer and throttlebody spacer, no exhaust stuff yet. i have 4k what can i do to gain the most out of it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
what can i do with 4k? i already have the cl type s 6 speed lsd trans, the 3.7L intake with intake manifold spacer, the 3.7L throttle body and a spacer. no exhaust work yet. any recommendations? i have the j30a4

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are staying N/A I'd do a full exhaust - pre-cat Deletes or hi-flo's, Jpipe and catback, with a good resonator to get rid of the drone. If you buy all that and install it yourself that's ~1500, pay someone to install and its at least 2 G's. Then work on stuff to put power to ground and suspension. Front and back sway bars with a decent set of coilovers is prolly the best use of your money. If you have money left over get a tourque damper, that'll save your motor mounts and help with wheel hop. Oh are your brakes upgraded? At minimum get high quality rotors and pads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wanted to drop in here and thank you guys for all the info in this thread. I was able to use it to swap a J32a3 motor into my 2006 Accord sedan beautifully. I did not need to swap in intake manifold over, however! The only pieces I needed to move over were due to the J32A3 being an automatic, and my Accord is manual.

The coolant pipe needs changed as it has a line that goes to the automatic trans. The thermostat/coolant line housing also needs switched over because it has lines running for the transmission as well. Once these are switched, everything else is identical between the J30A5 and J32A3 (except for the flywheel/flex plate of course.)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wanted to drop in here and thank you guys for all the info in this thread. I was able to use it to swap a J32a3 motor into my 2006 Accord sedan beautifully. I did not need to swap in intake manifold over, however! The only pieces I needed to move over were due to the J32A3 being an automatic, and my Accord is manual.

The coolant pipe needs changed as it has a line that goes to the automatic trans. The thermostat/coolant line housing also needs switched over because it has lines running for the transmission as well. Once these are switched, everything else is identical between the J30A5 and J32A3 (except for the flywheel/flex plate of course.)
How much fun is this? is it what you thought it would be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Accord 06-07 Stock motor J30a5 (direct drop in, swap intake manifold if AT)
output to 244 hp (SAE Net 08/04) and 211 lb·ft (SAE Net 08/04) of torque, compression ratio (10:1)
bore 86mm x stroke 86mm

JDM inspire engine 2003-2007 J30??
2997 cm3 / 183.6 cui
Horsepower net:
184 kW / 250 PS / 247 hp (JIS net)
Torque net:
296 Nm / 218 ft-lb
Compression ratio 10.5:1
bore 86mm x stroke 86mm "

Very good information, thankyou.

I am almost afraid to ask but I want to verify. I've had a JDM engine once for a Toyota.

I have a 2007 Accord V6 6MT. JDM in Missasauga tells me their engine will not work with my car. I found this hard to believe. Going by the above quoted information, it is a direct bolt in?

81 - 100 of 115 Posts