Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a block off plate but not the code that goes with it. I've seen the plate that keeps the egr functional without the gasses recirculating back to the intake but truth be told I'd rather just block it with a cheap plate. Can I disable the egr system with hondata and avoid the code being thrown? I'm assuming yes, but how?

There's a checkbox on my latest map for "egr system enabled" that's currently checked, do u just uncheck this box?

Also I live in a county where all emissions go through the obd 2 port. Basically looking for engine codes and all systems in "ready"mode. Anyone know if disabling the Egr will keep this system out of ready mode and cause me to fail the test?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Yea you can there a box u check that turns it off.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so just load up my most recent calibration uncheck the "enable egr" box (or whatever the box actually reads) then flash my ecu?

Can I skip adding the plate and just leave the egr in place and unplug it?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Yeah u can do that also and not remove anything. But give that egr a quick cleaning

Reactions: 07J30

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want a block off plate but not the code that goes with it. I've seen the plate that keeps the egr functional without the gasses recirculating back to the intake but truth be told I'd rather just block it with a cheap plate. Can I disable the egr system with hondata and avoid the code being thrown? I'm assuming yes, but how?

There's a checkbox on my latest map for "egr system enabled" that's currently checked, do u just uncheck this box?

Also I live in a county where all emissions go through the obd 2 port. Basically looking for engine codes and all systems in "ready"mode. Anyone know if disabling the Egr will keep this system out of ready mode and cause me to fail the test?
So did you pass emissions with it disabled in hondata. I have the same problem and am due for inspection. Replaced the EGR valve and the p0401 code came back after a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts