Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok finally done!!! as promised here are the DIY pictures. If your really serious about doing this send me a message, cause not everything i did can be explained just by looking at the pictures.

tools = screwdriver, dremel (best cutting tool ever), ruler, Pen,
masking tape, felt blanket, sand paper.

Took me a total of 5-6 hours in a span of 3 days. But with info on how to do it, can take about 3 hours.

Neways enjoy
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286055217

·
Registered
16 Posts
brex said:
Just create a imagestation account, its free anywayz..
I've been trying for the last couple days to see this DIY. I've been browsing these forums for a while now trying to figure out if I can accomplish some thing like this, or an iPod/TV-DVD DIY.

I haven't been able to see the pictures on imagestation, though. Every time I visit the site the images are unavailable. I've tried back later multiple times. I guess I'm visiting at the wrong times.

Any suggestions on a time I should visit the site? (PST time zone)

Thanks!

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
So have I... oh well.. I just went ahead and started mine regardless.. got the ps2 fit now.. but can't close the thing yet.. something stuck behind ..will work on it more tonight..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill try to get back up the pictures on imagestation. If anyone else knows how to host my pictures without using imagestation for example (the thread with the DIY red head unit display) I would greately appreciate. Anyways for now ill get back up the imagestation.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
hmm.. mine is having problem closing.. cuz of that plastic piece behind the glove box.. did u cut it off or something?

ps.. mine also looks a bit different from yours..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
brex said:
So have I... oh well.. I just went ahead and started mine regardless.. got the ps2 fit now.. but can't close the thing yet.. something stuck behind ..will work on it more tonight..
I had the same problem. Check out pictures 10 and 11. I had to cut out a chunk of plastic in order for it to fit and close smoothly (keep the cuts between the 2 metals, where the screws are). Honestly its gonna take a while to get it to fit real smooth. your gonna have to do alot of trial and error and some cutting. Also i had a problem with the ps2 chord. Not the power chord but the video chord. It kept popping out everytime i closed the glove box. I had to do a lil extra cutting on the thin plastic under the glove. So far to this point everything fits and works great. So much better than reaching under my seat and going through all that trouble to start up the ps2.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
yeah.. i have also notice that the video cable is a bit problem too, since it is really low and can easily hit something behind..

hmm.. i am almost done i think.. just need to get it fit in properly.. i also cut more on top to fit my dvd player..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cant really say what your doing wrong since yours probably isnt cut the same as mine. Just know that the ps2 will fit and fit smooth. If theres a will theres a way. Also "DREMEL" helps a whole lot.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
VtECAzNRaCeR said:
so...does that hole you cut in the plastic mean no more putting papers in the glove box? are you able to close the glove box with the PS2 inside?

great job man!
actually.. the hole is almost exact fit for the ps2.. plus adding the felt so there is no extra hole..

so u can still put stuff on top of the ps2.. but not much..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I keep my papers and stuff in the middle compartment and yes it closes smoothly with the ps2 inside

1 - 20 of 32 Posts