Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Butta
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took off the Chrome H, and accord emblems and painted them black. Also I added a coat of clear. Here is how they came out. I left the V6 piece chrome because I thought it looked cool like that. The black chrome emblem kit retails for $79.99. I paid $0.

Tell me what you think. :D

·
Butta
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they look pretty flat, I only put one coat of clear on them. I could pop them off and put more clear. For the money its works.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
cool DIY, defintly beats paying the ridiculous price for the black chrome that the dealer charges. damn too bad hardtopguy suspended his business with v6p

·
Butta
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
INSPIRE8 said:
Looks good. How long did it take you to finish the whole thing?

About 30 mins. Heres the steps. First take a piece of floss and run it under the H Emblem, and the accord emblem. The emblems come off easy. Paint them and add clear coat. Once they are dry pop the H emblem back in. And use some kind of adhesive to glue the accord emblem back on.

Edit* Use masking tape around the emblem, especially the accord emblem, so you can use them as guide lines.

CLICK
Here are the direction I used from honda.
CLICK

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
i didnt have to pay $80 for the emblems : ]

i didnt even have to pay $30 for them : ]

but hrmmm still .. good job on the DIY i like how the v6 is still chrome , matches your rims : ]

·
work in progress
1,580 Posts
I'm going to try an idea of mine. I'm going to take a real smokey candle, something that doesn't burn clean... light it up, put the emblem over top of it so that it gets that "smoked" look, and then shoot it with a few coats of clear. I think it's going to come out pretty good, I'll post pics when I finally do it. Stay tuned...

·
say hello to angels..
4,491 Posts
been there done taht

i have a nighthawk black pearl coupe...got rid of my ACCORD V6 emblems

painted my H's with nighthawk black pearl paint from autozone

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
whtonblkv6 said:
I'm going to try an idea of mine. I'm going to take a real smokey candle, something that doesn't burn clean... light it up, put the emblem over top of it so that it gets that "smoked" look, and then shoot it with a few coats of clear. I think it's going to come out pretty good, I'll post pics when I finally do it. Stay tuned...
i think the clear might make it look wierd, like make the carbon deposits, cuz thats essentially whats going on the emblem, get all uneven and sh!t and make it look dark in some places and light in others.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts