Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me know what you think...

Finally got around to installing these. Ordered these in clear a while back for $59.00. They have six amber LEDs in them and I smoke tinted them to match car. They came out pretty well after several coats of clear and a good buffing. Cutting holes in my fairly new car was scary, but now that there are done and I din't screw it up, I'm very happy with them. Had to take out both inner fenders to make sure I wasn't cutting into anything important, wire to front turns, and to apply some sealant on the inside to make sure they stay in place.

Night pic. Sorry crappy shot! But, you get the idea.

Oops wrong title.. Meant marker lights not corner!

·
WISCONSIN IS GREAT!
153 Posts
VERY ORIGINAL! let see night pics!

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hongda said:
I would've paid more and got the tsx mirrors w/leds.

BTW when's your retrofit ready?
TSX Mirrors:

While I think those are cool, I'm not excited enough to pay that much for them or do that much work to install them. These are a little more subtle and somewhat unique. The mirrors seem to provide most of their light forward when marker lights are mainly for the purpose of alerting those driving next to you or in your blind spot. I know that the light from the TSX can be seen from those vantage points but I don't know just don't like em as much as when I first heard about them. Who knows I may ultimately end up with those too! :)

Retro:

Still waiting. As you may remember Larry and I decided to go a whole new direction some time ago. He's creating a custom housing from the "ground up." When done it will include a matching graphite housing, 4 TL bixenon projectors (one set that I can disable if I want), 4 D4S bulbs and ballasts, 4 angel eyes, and LED turns and parking lights. The wait is killing me but it should be worth it. Please don't ask what I'm paying for them because I refuse to tell! :eek:

Kingof3rdinput said:
Do you have a detailed DIY?
DIY:

I thought about taking pictures along the way but got lazy..Sorry! Here's a brief description though. To tint the markers I applied testors RC tint spray. I applied several times and kept wiping it down from the center out with alcohol. This gave the effect of making it dark on the edges and lighter in the middle where the light comes out the most. I got really lucky in that the color ended up matching the graphite almost perfectly. Once I got the look I wanted I clear coated the crap out of it and let it sit for two weeks. I then waxed the crap out of it and buffed it good. Next I cut a template from stiff but not too thick cardboard. I made sure the marker light would fit. I then placed the template on the car where I wanted the lights to go. I drilled very small holes all around the outline of the template as close together as I could. I then used a dremel cutting wheel to "connect the dots." Then more dremel with a grinder wheel to smooth it all out. Test fit, grind, test fit, grind etc. Once firmly inplace I ran a bead of high temp silicon around the inside edges of the marker housing where it protruded inside to make sure it would not pop out. It is using the original BMW clip mechanizm but I wanted to be sure they stayed. Then I wired it up to the front turn signals, tested and cleaned up the shop!

Whew! Glad it's done. Took about 5 hours from start to cleanup. :p

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
wiring is simple. you can parallel it with your blinkers without signifcantly altering the resistance throughout the circuit.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Not bad, they blend in with the car when not in use.

AZ-V6-Hybrid said:
Retro:

Still waiting. As you may remember Larry and I decided to go a whole new direction some time ago. He's creating a custom housing from the "ground up." When done it will include a matching graphite housing, 4 TL bixenon projectors (one set that I can disable if I want), 4 D4S bulbs and ballasts, 4 angel eyes, and LED turns and parking lights. The wait is killing me but it should be worth it. Please don't ask what I'm paying for them because I refuse to tell! :eek:
Can't wait to see those :eek: .

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kiet said:
Someone should change the title of this.. this isnt a diy corner light.. this is a diy side marker..
Agreed. I tried to change it right after my first post but the change only afected my bolded in-thread title.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hongda said:
I would've paid more and got the tsx mirrors w/leds.

BTW when's your retrofit ready?

I 100% agree!! TSX mirrors ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
AZ-V6-Hybrid said:
Retro:

:eek2: Holy Moly!! Yeah, I can't wait either Plum!

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kramer2k said:
:eek2: Holy Moly!! Yeah, I can't wait either Plum!
Plum & K2K...

Believe me, NO ONE is more anxious to see this than me!!!

I understand Larry has mounted the TLs and made the custom bezels. Still waiting to hear if the Halos we ordered have come in. I think Larry is thinking about flying or driving here to Phoenix for a final fitting of sorts. Unless he can find a local 7th Gener willing to test bed for us! ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts