Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas where they have a DIY on removing the door panels?

·
^_________^
546 Posts
there is only 2 scerws holding the door panel in place and the rest are clips.
*becareful not to breack the covers covering the scerws*
1) remove the screw holding in the door handle
2) remove the screw in the slot where the window controls are
3) when you removed the screw from the handle, shift the whole handle assembly towards the sterring wheel.
4) unhook the wiring harness behind the handle
5) try and carefully push the whole handle assembly through the hole behind it.
6) remove the window controls and unhook the wiring harness behind that one as well.
7) when you open your door all the way, look to where the hinges are and you will notice a circular piece attached to the door panel. Remove it using a flat head.
8) start from one area and start to carefully remove the panel by pulling it towards you CAREFULLY; just continue along until you get all the clips that are holding the door panel.
9) after removing the panel from the clips, push the whole door panel upwards, but be careful since there is 1 wiring harness and light bulb still attached behind the panel.
10) remove the light bulb that is located in the right lower hand corner (driver's side)....(passenger side is lower left hand corner)
11) then remove the last wiring harness and you are all set.
12) reverse the steps to put everything back together.

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx bro. I had a problem removing the switches on the driver side. How do I take those out?

·
^_________^
546 Posts
aw dude, you didnt have to cut the wires from the speakers? i wish i wouldve know you could get a harness for it :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts