Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this dyi mod was done on a 04 accord six speed with the HFP package. Remove the Type R shift knob first. Next remove the retaining bolt that is located underneath the shift knob. Reinstall the type R shift knob. You will notice that the shift knob now sits about an inch lower. It has a better look and you lose about an inch off the throw.

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
It does work, but for the stock knob its almost impossible to line up the numbers vertically.

I can do that on my Spoon knob but I perfer the higher position because our seats are designed so high. :eek:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
This is just like the countersunk knobs for S2k's :)

Basically the knob is threaded really far into the knob so it ends up sitting lower on the shaft :D

Nice DIY :up2:

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
PMantis24 said:
This is just like the countersunk knobs for S2k's :)

Basically the knob is threaded really far into the knob so it ends up sitting lower on the shaft :D

Nice DIY :up2:
Yep, they are the exact same knob and bolt. :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
lawless98 said:
this dyi mod was done on a 04 accord six speed with the HFP package. Remove the Type R shift knob first. Next remove the retaining bolt that is located underneath the shift knob. Reinstall the type R shift knob. You will notice that the shift knob now sits about an inch lower. It has a better look and you lose about an inch off the throw.
I tried this before, i didn't like the way part of my hand was grabbing the boot everytime I grabbed the shift knob. So I put it back up. Maybe it's just me. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts