Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03' V6 coupe on the way and want to install a 2 piece CAI from ebay with a K&N filter i have.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE OFF MY BUMPER?
THEY NEVER SEEM TO GO BACK ON RIGHT SO I DONT WANT TO DO IT.
thanks guys...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
wrong forum. and no you dont, you can go through the fender well, but taking off the bumper makes it a LOT easier. it's really not that hard to put back on.
 

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
i didnt even have to take mine all the way off..just had to unhook it on the driver side and unhook the fenderwell plastic underneath and thats all i needed to do.... i didnt have to remove the whole bumper
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Not necessary to remove bumper. I jacked up the car and worked thru the wheel well. Tight but very workable.
 

·
Your V6P Snake Champion
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
russ2000 said:
I have a 03' V6 coupe on the way and want to install a 2 piece CAI from ebay with a K&N filter i have.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE OFF MY BUMPER?
THEY NEVER SEEM TO GO BACK ON RIGHT SO I DONT WANT TO DO IT.
thanks guys...
You will find the air horn in the fender well of the front left tire is a *****.
First you will need to unhook those plastic screws and take the whole fender well off. From there its all you and the car good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
You paid for the CLIPS? Man you got hosed!! When I took my car in after I installed my intake, I went back in the bay with the guy who was doing the tune up and just said "Hey you have an extra clips?" and hey gave me some. Helped that my last name was the same as the owner of the dealership too. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
photos of either ?

does anyone have a set of images showing the removal of the bumper or accessing the CAI from the wheel well?
 

·
Your V6P Snake Champion
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
pdqgp said:
does anyone have a set of images showing the removal of the bumper or accessing the CAI from the wheel well?
I dont have any pics but you DO NOT need to remove the bumper. You cant miss the plasic screws in your wheel well. You will need to remove your front left wheel then you can remove the plastic from the wheel well. From there you will see an air horn that is in the way. You will need to remove that for the new intake to fit. That is the hardest part getting rid of that big plastic box. Once that is done you can install your intake easily. Good luck
 

·
ex scientia vera
Joined
·
3,570 Posts
oswhiteboy said:
I dont have any pics but you DO NOT need to remove the bumper. You cant miss the plasic screws in your wheel well. You will need to remove your front left wheel then you can remove the plastic from the wheel well. From there you will see an air horn that is in the way. You will need to remove that for the new intake to fit. That is the hardest part getting rid of that big plastic box. Once that is done you can install your intake easily. Good luck
Very true. I went through the wheel well myself. As he said, the hardest part is removing all the plastic crap from the stock air box. After that it was a breeze.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
even for changing filter?

since I had my AEM installed last year, I thought it's best to check the filter....so I should be able to access it this way as well?

oswhiteboy said:
I dont have any pics but you DO NOT need to remove the bumper. You cant miss the plasic screws in your wheel well. You will need to remove your front left wheel then you can remove the plastic from the wheel well. From there you will see an air horn that is in the way. You will need to remove that for the new intake to fit. That is the hardest part getting rid of that big plastic box. Once that is done you can install your intake easily. Good luck
 

·
Your V6P Snake Champion
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
pdqgp said:
since I had my AEM installed last year, I thought it's best to check the filter....so I should be able to access it this way as well?
Yeah you will have to take the same steps to get to it and your intake will be sitting right next to you on the drivers side next to the fog light cover.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top