Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to buy the tein ss coilver kit for my 03 accord v6 coupe.I need to know if Im going to need a caber kit in the front or the rear. I dont plan on droping it to low, im going to be using 20x8.5 wheels with 45 offset. 235 or 245-35-20 tires.

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
depend on how low u go.. usually we dont need front ones.. only rear but that also depends onhow low u area again

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
since there 20'' maybe 1.5 -2'' front and 1'' in rear. Im just trying to get a small gap between the tire and fender. So I need a caber kit for the rear? If yes, then which one for this setup?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i dont think you will need it. i'm on tein ss with 19x8.5 wheels and dropped as much as i could go without ripping the fenders apart.. and i don't need a camber kit.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I will be getting my Tein basics in and Im on 20x8.5 - 38 offset ... Thien (7thGenVillian) and I will be installing it on Sunday and i have the Rear Ingalls camber kit, I'll let you know if you need a camber or not...

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
depends on your drop, if you gonna drop it low, then get ingalls rear camber kit

·
Registered
91 Posts
how come it says rear lowering range is from 1.7"+ for our accords on tein's website?

does it mean it can't be any higher than that? i already placed my order but i don't want to drop it 1.7". max i would go is probably 1" all 4 corners.

do the numbers on the websites mean a drop from stock height or is it something else? :confused:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cups said:
how come it says rear lowering range is from 1.7"+ for our accords on tein's website?

does it mean it can't be any higher than that? i already placed my order but i don't want to drop it 1.7". max i would go is probably 1" all 4 corners.

do the numbers on the websites mean a drop from stock height or is it something else? :confused:
If you are looking at the 4dr with SS-p yes the min amount you can lower it is 1.7" it is 1.3" for the SS and Basics

The 2dr has a little different specs on it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
install the SS's, let it settle...go in for an alignment and see if you need it or not.

i would get it either way. if you dont need it u can always sell it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
06 AV6 06MT said:
If you are looking at the 4dr with SS-p yes the min amount you can lower it is 1.7" it is 1.3" for the SS and Basics

The 2dr has a little different specs on it.
Yes forgot to mention that. SS-P on 4dr V6.

Actually I don't really mind a 1.7" drop but my wheels could be a problem.

I have 17x8 et48 with 225/50-17 goodyears. The goodyears stick out of the fender like 1/3" in the front (i guess coz of the round sidewalls). Rears are tucked in okay but I'm wondering if I'll have to roll my fenders for them to work. I already only have less than 1.5 finger gap there.

The offset in sedans makes it almost impossible to upgrade wheels like that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts