Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 06 6-6 Sedan and I have been reading and reading trying to figure out what I want to do with my suspension. Number one first and foremost is performance... But the car wont be tracked. Just on the street I love grip and the feeling like the car is on rails. I had a 09 Civic SI with HFP suspension and that thing was great! But, I do want a lower look... with only the 1" drop it just wasnt really noticeable.

I have been reading back and forth on the 8thcive forum, here and drive accord about the Tein basics and other suspension options. Alot of the guys over on the civc forum were saying that Tein just puts parts together for a multitude of different cars and its just not really "tuned" for our cars. They were saying that the HFP is such a better option performance wise, but it doesnt come with the looks people want.

Is there truth to this? Will the Tein coilovers actually improve performance or just "make it feel like you have improved", Ive read that alot of suspension choices, make you "think" you are handling better, but its just because it is more firm... I read its not actually improving performance... just the illusion.

Anyways, with all that said... everything I have read has pointed me to Tein basics... im just curious if they actually "work". I like the idea of being able to change the height of the car, i dont need the car to be completely slammed. Maybe just down 2-2.5 inches and I want the car to handle better. I dont need adjustability for dampening for the track, im really not too concerned on how smooth it rides... as long as its not like driving a lawnmower with no suspension.

so, should I get them or something else?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I just dont think I want to spend 1,500 bucks. I want the best performance I can get for around 800 bucks... I just dont know if Tein basics are the best in that range for performance.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
wana buy my super cup kit so i can buy tien flex? lol where are u located ?

Tiens are really good coils for the money. They can also be serviced for a cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts