Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the intakes make a loud popping sound in between the gears. I have an 07 V6 automatic sedan and it some times does it in hard accelerations from 1st-2nd gear and 2nd-3rd.

I was wondering if it was the intake or transmission, and if its the intake if its normal?

·
- Leo
992 Posts
Doesnt sound normal at all, intake shouldnt make any popping noises. Make sure everything is on and secured well.

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
It does from time to time. Nothing to worry about its just excessive air popping back as the throttle body opens and closes

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an 05 sedan with a short ram intake and the same thing happens to me when my engine is cold, and its a pretty loud popping noise. But i thought it was a backfire or excessive air but i am not sure. If anyone knows how to solve the problem, that would be great because it feels like im breaking my car every time i accelerate hard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does from time to time. Nothing to worry about its just excessive air popping back as the throttle body opens and closes
Thanx man, yea I thought it was excessive air, but one of my co-workers said it was not possible.

So thanx now I dont have to stress when I hear that noise.

·
Registered
155 Posts
my intake popped today for the very first time. It might have just been from the moisture after an automatic car wash. not sure what exactly caused it though. I was WOT when it happened though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
come to think of it mine does it from time to time also i thought it was something to do with my custom j-pipe but guess its just the v2 :)

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
I was wondering if the intakes make a loud popping sound in between the gears. I have an 07 V6 automatic sedan and it some times does it in hard accelerations from 1st-2nd gear and 2nd-3rd.

I was wondering if it was the intake or transmission, and if its the intake if its normal?
My intake does this every so often also. Dunno what it is but I doubt it's a big deal.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can someone possibly maybe get a vid of this if its not to hard to ask, im just curiouys as to what it sounds like. And is it only on autos or is this on the manuals also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts