Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watsupp fellow Honda enthusiasts, I been searching everywhere for a way to diagnose the problem im having. I drive a 2007 honda accord 3.0L V6 with a 5 spd AT and has 100923 mi. Ever since February of this year, I've loved nothing but this beautiful beast of a car. It's got a Aftermarket k&n performance drop in air filter and a muffler delete. Unfortunately' recently I started developing sounds from the engine bay. Everytime I let off the throttle, theres a horrible grinding and whining sound. Theres also weird (not familiar) noises when revving in P and N, seems to lightly go away till i start driving again. The grinding and whining can also be heard when the engine is in 1, 2, and D3 when hanging in gear or decelerating, and a slight rapid clunking or tappin in reverse when giving gas. I've already changed the power steering pump 2 months ago because of a leak. Does anybody have the same problem I do? Is it a power steering issue, engine, or powertrain?

Please, in need of sum diagnosis wisdom. Thank you for your time.

·
Mr. Detail
1,197 Posts
It's almost impossible to diagnose a noise without hearing it. Can you make a video and post it? Could be as simple as a loose converter heat shield.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts