Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy guys, i tried a search on doorhanldes for our cars...

i know on my sedan it has those handles that are sticking out.

does anyone know where i can buy the ones that are not sticking out...
more like

these handles?

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
unless you want to do some pretty decent body fabbing and that seems kinda pointless...if your going to go to that much trouble just shave them

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think our sedan door handles have an advantage over the coupes. Perhaps we can do the BMW 325 Door Light mod? When they press the unlock on their remotes, 4 lights shine down from the door handle and make a triangle light. It looks SICK! Does anyone have a picture of this? Can this been possible on our accords?...

:drool2:

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
you wont be able to change the handles....serious body work will be required. coupes and sedans have completely different handles.

if i were going to change handles i would go with the TSX/Inspire style with the chrome accent

i am interested in this BMW talk...i am a sucker for adding lights to my car if it looks clean.
are these meant to be "walk up" lights so that the area around your car is lit when you unlock it at night? kind of like cars that have lights under the mirriors (ford SUV)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those white lights would look pretty cool on a silver coupe, though I think those are a little too bright. Maybe if you could use lower intensity LEDs for something a little more subtle.

But that is cool. I'm a sucker for lights, myself; though, I'm very picky about where they should be placed, how bright, and what color. *L Too many rice-tards that drive around here in Memphis (sloppily) put green neons on the bottom of red cars with the blue-hue headlights and red "snake eyes." :ugh:

Go Go Gadget-color coordination! :p

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
vt4lifecuf said:
drill a hole add LED and wires them...lol too much work

Hmmm... Interesting idea really. On the sedan it could be placed on the inside of the handle facing the round indentation. Thus lighting up the indented circle. It could be wired to the dome light so they'd come on when you hit the "unlock" on remote or open the door. Plus they'd look cool when the dome dims out. May have to give this a try some weekend when I'm bored!

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
phongtruong12 said:
i'm not too fond of drilling holes into any part of my car :/. i was too afraid to mount the front license plate so i left it off :)
It can be scary...the first time! :)

Todate:

Cut the "H" out of the front grill.
Cut holes in fender for marker lights.
Cut the cutouts for exhuast tips.
Cut lower cubby for DVD player.
Cut door panels for speakers.

They all came out great. so, I'm over that fear but it's always seomthing you want to be very carefull about anyway. Besides the LEDs would not be visible.

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
IMO, the sedan handles would look ugly on the coupe. the body line is different. if you want to mod your handles, just shave it off. it'll look clean.

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
i think he wanted coupe handles on a sedan.

then it would be like the 5th and 6th gen sedans.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts