Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this? Test drove a 02 coupe a week ago and when you closed the drivers door is clunked and sounded like it was hollow. Just bought a 01 coupe yesterday and it started making that sound now too. Anyone know what it is before I tear into the door?

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
were the windows down ?

in the 6gen sedan or coupe when the windows are down and you slam the door, you hear that clunking noise where the trim panel and the galss vibrate causing the aforementioned noise.....

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope windows up. Windows don't go down when its 116* outside.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
my passenger side door does that....it just sounds liek its hollow when you close it, even after i dynomatted it, it still sounds like that, a lil annoying but oh well

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah the passenger side door is fine, and both my mom's sedans have been perfect [even after rolling the 99] :D
Guess I'll take it apart and see if I can find anything.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have the same problem. Although my car has been in the shop twice, thanks to my sister.... Anyways, I added more sound deadner, and it didn't work either. Let me know if you figure out what it is

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
^^^Ive already dynomatted my passenger side(and driver side) but the passenger side is the one i get the clunking noise with. Even though i did that, it still makes the noise.

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Pretty strange for the driver side to have that hollow sound... the passenger side is a known fact that it makes the hollow sound when you close the door whether with window up or down.

·
Registered
350 Posts
well it is hollow! is the noise come from the back when you close the door? if it is it's the rubber flap in the back rear Q panel that let air exit when you close the doors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts