Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with these, specifically part# DZ1009CO?
Speedstash.com has these going for $129 ea. If they are any good, can I use my stock shocks and a minimal (2"/1.5") drop with them? Or, if they suck can I use proven (Tein, etc.) street performance springs with stock shocks? What about adding Eibach or Comptech sway bars to that? What kind of camber kit? I'm on a budget.

Thanks in advance.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
would advise using tein. their spring rates have worked fine with our stock shocks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey owace, any chance on hookin a bro up with some d2's? i havent seen them advertised in too many places. Any info would be appreciated, pm me , thanx.

·
Registered
748 Posts
dont go drop zone, get tien's, if your only droping rear 1.5 you dont need a camber kit, and you dont need one for the front either

·
3,436 Posts
When would you need a camber kit for front and rear..I am looking to get some coilovers and just wondering if i will need front too..i know i will need back..

Oh and Doc, Dropzone's are not worth even the $129, you get what you pay for

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
i have some eibachs that i will be selling soon after i install my teins

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Deepa said:
dont go drop zone, get tien's, if your only droping rear 1.5 you dont need a camber kit, and you dont need one for the front either
everyone says this withouth realising, that ANY sort of drop will mess up your toe.

i would always advise on spending 150 and getting a rear camber kit that can adjust toe and camber since it is well worth it.

is -2 camber bad? a lot of people say no, and a lot of people say yes. Is anything above .1 toe bad? yes. you will scrub out your tires after 15000 miles.

dont assume you are safe without a camber kit if the drop is under a certain spec. having worked on our cars suspension, they are very sensitive to height changes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OwAce, what sort of toe do you get with a 1.5" drop in the rear? I am contemplating getting the tein basics with the rear on the highest setting. I am concerned about handling only - without regard to tire wear (I have dedicated track tires). Toyo RA-1's recommend 2 to 4 deg camber but I'm worried about toe changes. Thanks.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
superpilun said:
OwAce, what sort of toe do you get with a 1.5" drop in the rear? I am contemplating getting the tein basics with the rear on the highest setting. I am concerned about handling only - without regard to tire wear (I have dedicated track tires). Toyo RA-1's recommend 2 to 4 deg camber but I'm worried about toe changes. Thanks.
usually your going to end up with getting toe in, since the toe bar will tend to push the rear of the wheel out and the front of the wheel will therefore come in.

since i havent used the stock bar after getting the drop i couldnt tell you where it goes.

btw TOE affects handling DRASTICALLY. messed up toe settings will screw you up like this :crash: make sure your toe is IN SYNC with toe all around the rest of the car. the only person who can tell you if it is or isnt is the alignment person.

i drove my car 45 miles with toe out on the rear wheels and it was sliding all over the place. the alignment guy commented "i have never ever seen an accord oversteer so easily"

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have dropzone shocks. I love them!! I have obx coilovers but the dropzone springs are good too. My cars fenders are so close to tires I cannt get my finger between the two. The ride is not bouncy but is firm. On average roads you can barly tell its lowered. Only on rough roads or sharp dips and bumps can you tell.

For the people that will say I am full of sh^t I can let Nate from ledautomotive.com drive my car to varify my claims. I know he is well trusted on here and he lives 3 miles from me.
Dont waist your money on tiens unless your gonna race on track or show your car at nopi.

Oyea you will blow out stock shocks with any lowering springs. You can get the shocks for about 200 somethin.
Besure to get at least front camber kit too. I wore out brand new tires in 1.5 months. Camber kit will cost about 150-180 and install on mine was 250 just for the front and will be another 250 for back (at minakee).

One more thing guys ......(he said he is on a budget) so tiens are out of the question.
darn rich people and there toys

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
DavesAv6 said:
I have dropzone shocks. I love them!! I have obx coilovers but the dropzone springs are good too. My cars fenders are so close to tires I cannt get my finger between the two. The ride is not bouncy but is firm. On average roads you can barly tell its lowered. Only on rough roads or sharp dips and bumps can you tell.

For the people that will say I am full of sh^t I can let Nate from ledautomotive.com drive my car to varify my claims. I know he is well trusted on here and he lives 3 miles from me.
Dont waist your money on tiens unless your gonna race on track or show your car at nopi.

Oyea you will blow out stock shocks with any lowering springs. You can get the shocks for about 200 somethin.
Besure to get at least front camber kit too. I wore out brand new tires in 1.5 months. Camber kit will cost about 150-180 and install on mine was 250 just for the front and will be another 250 for back (at minakee).

One more thing guys ......(he said he is on a budget) so tiens are out of the question.
darn rich people and there toys
to be honest i think you are the first person to actually back up dropzones, and you are doing so with a valid claim. and i believe you and would advise people to take your advise sincerely.

the cheapest solution though would be getting a plain spring setup. i.e a progressive rate spring on the stock shock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts