Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey -

Sometimes I drive my coupe and my friends want to bum a ride. When my car fills up it obviously drops a little because of all the added weight of people + bags ect.

What happens if you drop your car though to like 1 or 2 finger gaps and then are carrying lots of people bags and stuff that would weigh the car down...

Would there be rubbing issues and stuff? Especially concerned becuase my wheels are wide and becuase of the offset they line up right with the wheel well fender edge, so if I have my car lowered and carrying ecxtra weight, I think the wheels would rub when I'm turning the car and stuff ...

Any of this makes sense? Think there's a reason for concern? Here's my car. I def. def. want to lower the front and make it lower than the rear. I'm thinking about getting H-Tech springs. A full shock and spring kit is outta the question right now...gotta save that paper. Comments? Suggestions? All are welcome.

Thanks

Habib

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
I think progressive rate springs would help keep it from being an issue really.

Of course not taking corners at 120mph with a loaded car helps too... :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
If your pic is current and that is your gap, I wouldn't worry too much. Sure it's something to think about if you are loading your car down like that, but lowering springs are a bit stiffer than stock so you are not going to travel up and down as much as you would at stock height.

If it does become an issue, just take two cars.

·
Registered
748 Posts
im slamed on basics w/19z and sometimes have a full car and dont have any rubbing issues, just make sure your firends dont wieght 300 pounds each and you got nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for the replies...

that's my car right now and on stock suspension...now i dont know how much a factor it is but my driveway is on a slope so my car is leaning a little forward..

progressive springs? ... im still acquiring knowledge about suspension setups and what not...what exactly are progressive springs?

thanks again

·
Registered
164 Posts
Means that the more the springs compress, the stiffer they get.

So when you are cruising on the freeway it's softer than if you are taking a hard corner and causing the springs compress more.

It's a poor example but I hope you get the idea.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
heres an example. i had dre, jai, garret, and myself (total weight close to 700 lbs) in my car after i slammed it. car didnt rub, if anything it rode better. it all depends on the spring rate you have.

tein htechs may not be a good idea cos their spring rate is very similar to stock and will sag a lot when loaded up no matter how progressive they are.

if you want i can talk to you bout suspension on aim. ive learnt a lot since doing mine and going through various spring rates and damping etc.

·
Registered
443 Posts
hey dude. i just recently dropped my car with H tech springs and using oem shocks..

also riding it with 19's. i've had a 3/4 full load. and no rubbing.

you should go with the htech for money saver. my ride is comfortable, i feel the bumps but no biggie.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
owace --

good look ill drop you a line..

chino --

yeh im thinking about htechs to save some paper...

thanks for the tips

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
chino182 said:
hey dude. i just recently dropped my car with H tech springs and using oem shocks..

also riding it with 19's. i've had a 3/4 full load. and no rubbing.

you should go with the htech for money saver. my ride is comfortable, i feel the bumps but no biggie.
this post makes me change the way i think about htechs, then, cos i know a stock spring rate should sag a lot if weighted. interesting.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
habibnazir said:
hey thanks for the replies...

that's my car right now and on stock suspension...now i dont know how much a factor it is but my driveway is on a slope so my car is leaning a little forward..

progressive springs? ... im still acquiring knowledge about suspension setups and what not...what exactly are progressive springs?

thanks again
progressive spring are spring coils that are not evenly spaces out,
When the springs compress all the way.. it rebounds harder.
When the spring compress slightly, it rebounds softier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts