Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull trigger for the Tein SS and wondering how many inches should I lower for the front and rear without rubbing my body kit going over a bump, which is a major concern. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldnt that a little be overkill, also will it look good if keeping stock wheels?

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
no its not that much my cars dropped 3+ inches in the front and 2.5 in the rear. but if you want decent drop go 2 inches in the front and 1.5 inches in the rear. itll look fine with stock wheels. having a drop+stock rims > no drop+aftermarket rims. always get a drop first, it transforms your car. if you have money then get rims after you get coilovers.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think lowering it more than 2" is a mistake if you are worried about scraping. S-techs are 1.8" and a lot of people scrape all over with those even without a body kit. I would start at around 1.5", or about 1.5 finger gaps and work from there.

·
Registered
286 Posts
yeah the tein basics and ss go real low! i had to pick mine up an inch it was so low, and then some more. I think i was at the - 3.5inch range which is killer looks! but killer bottom outs! And i live on a hill, im at about 2.5 now front and rears im not sure but the car sits evenly with no gap in the rear. very nice coil overs and worth the money.

·
Registered
557 Posts
as low as humanly possible! either way depending on the size of the speedbump your going to have to angle it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the maximum height that Tein ss can be lowered and will that cover the gap to about one finger?

·
Registered
286 Posts
imagohp said:
What is the maximum height that Tein ss can be lowered and will that cover the gap to about one finger?
it will cover the gap to no finger, or negative nice and tucked, or u can do anything inbewtween the adj

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
i said "teins can drop 3.5 inches?" i didnt say drop it that much. i didnt know teins can drop that low.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
i dug up some pictures of my car. they'll give you guys an idea of how low they can go. i have the tein ss-p

fronts, i have 3/4 inch of threads left
rears, 1/4 inch of threads left

wheels are 19x8 with 45 offset on 235/35/19 tires. negative finger gap, ZERO RUBBING.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts