Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a question. i have a 03 accord 4banger and i am planning to get dual exhaust for show. is it possible to have one exhaust can and have 2 exhaust pipe coming out of it??? or should i just have a Y pipe done and have 2 real exhaust??? but then ill be losing torque. so what should i do??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, you claim that its a show car. So why would you be worried about losing a few feet of torque when you have no plans to race the car???

In all honesty, I think ricing out a car is really a waste of money. Do you want to look cool or do you want to win? I'd rather win. My moto is one ive had ever since I started getting involed with cars....If it doesn't make you go faster, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Going show is ricing out your car now...where did u come up with this?
So you saying Rims and Springs are a waste of money since it does not improve speed?

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
lol some people have their head stuck on speeeeeeeed. you know... according to what you are saying 'Accordguy40', you wasted HUGE money by getting 04 AV6 6-spd.

You could get much faster car with much potential with that money. HaHa.

guess my car is rice out as well and mQike's most definitely. :rolleyes:

back to topic...
xjdMb16a2six said:
hey guys i have a question. i have a 03 accord 4banger and i am planning to get dual exhaust for show. is it possible to have one exhaust can and have 2 exhaust pipe coming out of it??? or should i just have a Y pipe done and have 2 real exhaust??? but then ill be losing torque. so what should i do??
Yes you can just have two pipes but IMO doesn't look really good. Just get Y pipe... or just ask mufflershop to make Y pipe.

or... do some crazy stuff and make it real dual exhuasts :D

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
Hey, if you go and get a custom exhaust made you can ask the guy to use smaller diameter piping on the Y pipe. This will cause better back pressure so you wont loose torque.

-Garrett

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
Mine is 2.25'' / 2'' by the way... stock size is 1.75'' from beginning to end I think.

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey Eccen did you feel any lowend tq lost after you got your exhaust done??? only reason im worry about lowend lost is because my car is already slow enough. i just like how the dual exhaust look.

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
Eccen said:
Mine is 2.25'' / 2'' by the way... stock size is 1.75'' from beginning to end I think.
Mine is 3" all the way back single exhaust... which doesnt help this topic at all, hahahaha sorry :angel:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Here's a question. What do these cars have in common:

• Honda S2000
  • Dodge Neon SRT-4
  • Mazda 6 (4-cyl.)
  • Audi A4 1.8 (4-cyl.)
And most importantly: The Acura TSX.

They're all 4-bangers with dual exhausts. I'm sure there are more too. How do they pull it off without losing any torque? Or are they losing torque? And I say most importantly the Acura TSX because we 4-banger Accords share the same exact engine components as the TSX.

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
i4performance said:
Here's a question. What do these cars have in common:

• Honda S2000
  • Dodge Neon SRT-4
  • Mazda 6 (4-cyl.)
  • Audi A4 1.8 (4-cyl.)
And most importantly: The Acura TSX.

They're all 4-bangers with dual exhausts. I'm sure there are more too. How do they pull it off without losing any torque? Or are they losing torque? And I say most importantly the Acura TSX because we 4-banger Accords share the same exact engine components as the TSX.
Small exhaust pipe, and a resonator to cut down on the noise which creats back pressure. These dual exhaust are also not true dual exausts so you are not loosing as much back pressure as one would think.

-Garrett

·
Registered
37 Posts
don't get dual on a four banger.
you are just wasting money.
it adds weight and also loses torque.
if you really like dual exhaust you should trade in and get
v6 or just go for cars that really have functional need for dual exhaust. to me accord is not a racer and should not be riced out.
when i see people with lambo doors slammed to the ground it makes me wonder why they are choosing to do this on a mass produced car that weren't intended to be a racer.
if you want to have racy look with some performance go get 3z or rx8. not a hater

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You got to remember that the V6 accord's exhausts aren't true duals either, unless the 7th gen is true, I know the 6th isnt. I think you should go for it if you feel like it. I saw a 4banger with dual exhausts, I thought it looked weird because it didnt have the right trim and the v6 badge and had 4 lug rims.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
They have dual outlet mufflers. Use one. Looks better then a y-pipe IMO. Y-pipes just scream FAKE DUAL EXAUST HERE to me.

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
^^^ you can hide y pipe under body and just show two outcoming pipes... which I am planning to do as I get rear lip. I've already checked my underside and planned detailed piping. :)

Some may think it is 'ricey' but hell, I like it and that is all what matters.

xjdMb16a2six said:
hey Eccen did you feel any lowend tq lost after you got your exhaust done??? only reason im worry about lowend lost is because my car is already slow enough. i just like how the dual exhaust look.
At first, it kinda felt a little slower at low-end simply because... it is louder yet car isn't really pulling fast. haha. but yea, I think it is about same as stock after comparing it with my friend's stock I4.

It does not improve performance probably (I don't want to waste money to dyno my car). I suppose to lose low-end and gain high-end but it is just same as stock IMO. 100% totally for show.

If you are thinking of performance wise, don't do it. Definitely not worth it for the greenies.

gme2001, is that 3'' on V6? Isn't that too big for our accords? I think that is way too big even for V6s...

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay im not trying to make my car a racer car. only reason i want dual is exhaust is because IMO wit the rear oem lip it loooks weird wit only 1 exhaust. anyways i thought or something the other day. what if i get 1 exhaust and have a Y pipe done from the exhaust and have the tips on one each side. what do you guys think?

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
^^^ that is possible but will take some time to figure where to position the muffler and how the pipe will go. There isn't much space to play around under our car except very rear...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I always make modifications to MY automobiles to suit MY taste not others.

If you want dual exhaust then do it.

I've driven vehicles straight from the dealers lot directly to body shops, tire shops or repair shops just so I can get something changed to my liking.

Before I had 100 miles on this car I had the rear H emblem and mirrors (hideous black trim) and brackets painted to match the color of the car, the front emblem and flying wing painted Honda flat black, I removed the V-6 and ACCORD emblem everything under the rear painted black to hide annoying looking shiny metal nuts and bolts and anything else that was shiny also the rear tow hook painted black so it wouldn't standout like a sore thumb.

I installed a Borla Cat Back exhaust and I painted all visible signs of shiny metal on it black the only thing you see from the rear of my automobile is the chrome tips I believe why draw attention to mufflers in MY opinion mufflers are ugly and why draw attention from your automobile to some big ugly shiny cylinder hanging below your car. This modification was done just for some added sound that was lacking with the stock and was not done to gain any horsepower.

I also replaced all the speakers and added amplifiers to obtain a sound that I prefer.

I will also do a few other modifications when I deem them necessary after thorough research.

Sorry about the long post but the point is "It's YOUR vehicle" and do whatever you want to do to it and listen to other people's advice and suggestions and then evaluate those ideas and act on only the ones you prefer or come up with yourself.

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol. the whole of making this thread if i should have a Y pipe done wit 2exhaust can or just have 1 exhaust and 2 pipe sticking out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
HA..

And you wasted even MORE $$$ by getting an accord 4 banger, which I'm sure is an automatic, because someone of your intelligence level couldn't possibly know how to owrk a maunal transmition.

And speaking of 4 banger (ouch), what are you doing writing messages on this forum for anyways. Your dumb as we all know, now you cant read? This is V6PERFORMANCE.NET.

They're all laughing at you!!! Sucker! :smack:

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
Eccen said:
^^^
gme2001, is that 3'' on V6? Isn't that too big for our accords? I think that is way too big even for V6s...
I have a 6th gen V6 and Im running at about 6 psi of boost. I didnt want to get the 3" but when I felt the results after it was installed I didnt want to go back to a smaller diameter.

-Garrett

1 - 20 of 44 Posts