Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ILUVBOX
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know our cars don't have a true dual exhaust, and I have already spent the money on richie's j-pipe and test pipe; so here is the question:
Would there be better gains from doing two pipes off the J-pipe back to the mufflers (custom pipe work?)
Or just to get a cat back system like borla etc...?

Basically can I start (2-1-2) two pipes from the j-pipe and get better results from it compared to the standard cat back system (even if it maybe very minimal?)

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
Now if you just ran straight pipes off of your pre-cats... maybe that would be more beneficial because the two sides would never combine and split again.

But I didn't think there was room for that.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
^ Doing that would create alot more shaking to the engine, even the LS series on the vetts have a crossover at some point to even out exhaust back pressure.

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
the LS series on the vettes have some machine of an exhaust... the "torque tube" with super resonators....

I watched a super factories episode on the Z06 vettes a few weeks ago... new favorite car.

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
Not to get off topic, but I was amazed at how light that car's frame is.... and carbon fiber door panels and hood....

some day :rolleye2:

·
ILUVBOX
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing noticable...
So you think it be = to one another?

This would be much cheaper than a 600+ exhaust system if thats the case. Now i would just have to fine a good muffler shop. I am also adding an exhaust cut out for when I lay down on the pedal WOT!

·
Street Brawler
523 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts