Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now that I have completed duals for cable operated Js, time to go after the big bisnatch, DBW. 1st I have sucsefully extend the shaft of a still functioning TB and have driven on it to make sure nothing went fubar.

Next rather than going thru with making a new mani for this inital test I am cutting up one of the many AT intakes I have laying around and will weld up the dual flanges tomorrow after I get some more shielding gas for the welder.

If all goes well wih this basterdized manifold I will build one from scratch like I did for the cable operated side.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Right after I get the 3.7 mani/TB? Really Paul? Lol. In for results.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Looks good. Two Stock throttle bodies vs zdx or 3.7 throttle body. Porting of the inside would be easy now too

·
Registered
843 Posts
Is there any benefit by isolating the front and rear bank intake manifolds from one another, while using dual TBs?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any benefit by isolating the front and rear bank intake manifolds from one another, while using dual TBs?
No, in fact it can create inbalance in the engine especially at low throttle and idle. If you look closely at the cable manifold you can see the tube in the back which provides cross flow for balance, much like nissan among others do in thier designs.

·
Maverick_Supersonic
1,706 Posts
i'm subcribed to this!!!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Not sure what you meant by *****, Paul. But looking forward to the results.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just jizzed in my pants reading this!!!!

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, first test report....

60 miles mixed driving with several hard excellerations, ECU reset at start of testing.

The good:
Emmissions monitors were all happy and would pass VA emissions test.
No codes were thrown.
Throttle response was incredible but held back by lack of volume in stock maini plenums.
Excelleration was majorly improved.
Sound at WOT was extreamly pleasing, deep and throuty.

The not so good:
Stock mani is woafully inadequte to deal with the increased air flow.
Front TB in the way of EGR valve, rear TB in the way of breather port, but this was a basterdized intake made to mainly test if the ECU and mechanics would work together, mani will be trashed at end of this phase of testing.
Without any adjustments yet (will be worked on latter, idle is a little higher (about 100RPM), but not rediculously the ECU is working on adjusting for it.
Due to the major increase in expected air flow when the engine idles up for things like AC, PS it nearly doubles the normal 200rpm rise and instead gives a 400rpm rise which acts as a small surge and can be anoying at idle, but again the ECU seems to be working on compensaiting for it.

More to come.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa22/csmalser/Dual TBs/?action=view&current=DualTBs016.mp4

1 - 20 of 288 Posts