Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TD = The Destroyer
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a carbon fiber hood for if I ever actually do a j32 swap. I wanted one with a scoop to clear the intake manifold. I found this duraflex hood, the spyder 2. actually, it was the only hood with a scoop other than one that was modeled after the camaro SS scoop. now i love camaros, and i think that scoop looks pretty cool, but not on a dang honda accord.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Extreme-Dimensions/Hoods/Honda-Accord-4DR-Extreme-Dimensions-Duraflex-Fiberglass-Spyder-2-Hood-_-101983/616806/

that's it. So, are duraflex hoods any good? are they durable? do they fit? from what I've read, they are a step above fiberglass, even the quality fiberglass.

Another question: is this hood going to look ricey? if it's ricey or loud i'll just get an OEM hood. Does anyone have any pictures or anything of a coupe with that hood?

I prefer to stay away from fiberglass anything because I bought one once for my old camaro and it was a piece of crap.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
2,696 Posts

heres mine. Mine didnt fit good because it was for a 4 dr. And the only reason i had the thing on my car is because my CF hood cracked. Yes it was sturdy and held up but the under side was rough looking and just something about it made me uneasy i dont know. Mine was used though.
NOTICE TO ALL HATERS: in this pic yes i know my shiz is all outta wack. WHY??? because none of it is bolted on its jus sat on there. The pics were for another purpose and not for good looks!

·
TD = The Destroyer
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that was a bit harsh. let me rephrase: that car does not suit my tastes.

looks like the stock hood would be better as far as room under the hood is concerned. also, is that just a hole, or it is possible to actually hook up the intake to it?

·
TD = The Destroyer
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that spyder hook probably gives you less clearance than a regular oem CF hood, right? i thought the scoop was raised a bit, but it looks like its actually lower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts