Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a pain in the ass is it to install a camber kit yourself? Is there a "for dummie" manual around somewhere?

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
if you have the tools its a snap. i dono what its really called, but my buddy had a "tuning fork" that we just popped them out of the upper arm, pulled out the arm, and then you can pound out the old ball joint(i had a shop do it with a press for free), and the SPC kit just bolts in up front. Then reinstall the arm. In the rear, pop the joint out with the fork, take out the bolt in the inside, put the new one back in. thats with the SPC kit anyway.

but dont just use that as a guide, get someone who knows whats goin on.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I paid this person 50 bucks to install my two rear which was a hell of a deal compared to all the other places taht wanted to charge me 200+

·
*this space for rent*
1,024 Posts
I didn't install my rear camber kit myself, but just yesterday I took them out and adjusted them and it only took about an hour for both. what kind of camber kit is it?

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
hammer03 said:
if you have the tools its a snap. i dono what its really called, but my buddy had a "tuning fork" that we just popped them out of the upper arm, pulled out the arm, and then you can pound out the old ball joint(i had a shop do it with a press for free), and the SPC kit just bolts in up front. Then reinstall the arm. In the rear, pop the joint out with the fork, take out the bolt in the inside, put the new one back in. thats with the SPC kit anyway.

but dont just use that as a guide, get someone who knows whats goin on.
haha it's called a pickle fork, and it comes in all sizes, so make sure u get the ones for compacts and not trucks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey not to high jack the thread but I have been searching were is the cheapest place to pick up just the rear camber kit for SPC or any other brand. Thanks in advance

·
*this space for rent*
1,024 Posts
TEK_03AV6 said:
It does not take an hour for each side. It took the guy that did mine like 5 minutes a side

that's pretty fast :eek: , but a fast job doesn't usually mean a good job. anyways, I thought about an hour was good for using regular hand tools and no power tools. :gapteeth:

·
Registered
58 Posts
ruarksaccord said:
Hey not to high jack the thread but I have been searching were is the cheapest place to pick up just the rear camber kit for SPC or any other brand. Thanks in advance
eBay. I heard the rubber bushings breaks on SPC's but not sure. Mine are ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts