Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been here in a while, but I thought I should drop by and say hi, and also talk about my dyno session.

Finally got my AEM EMS street/dyno tuned week ago. In 99 degrees, 115 heat index weather (inside the shop), we had some trouble keeping the intake air temp. down, but successfully managed to tune the car with pretty conservative timing.

Tuning was done by jdogg over at h-t. Dyno was done at Carolina Auto Masters in NC.

The final figure ended up being 222hp and 222ft/lbs of torque. Not bad considering that my peak boost was 9psi and it was dropping off to 8psi near the redline.

Here's the dyno chart:

Here's a vid:
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/jmin/dyno/MVI_0817.AVI

Oh yeah, the dyno chart's smoothing was at zero, which is a reason for crazy jagginess. VTEC was set at 2600rpm and any load higher than -1 psi. This basically makes VTEC only come on when I step on it after 2600rpm.

Here's the setup:

Engine/turbo parts:
F23A1
Turbonetics T3/T04e 50trim .63AR turbine
Tial 35mm wastegate
Ebay Manual Boost Controller (to be changed to GM boost solenoid this weekend - to be controlled electronically by AEM EMS)
Spearco Intercooler
450cc DSM injector with OBD1 Honda resistor box
Walbro 255lph intank pump (for 94-97 accord)
Drag Gen4 charge pipings
Blitz DD BOV
Intake (smack middle of engine, need some heat shielding)

Exhaust components (huge bottleneck, but VA law prohibits any aftermarket exhaust):
2.5" DRAG Downpipe
2" flex pipe (CHOKE POINT. Don't ask me why.)
2.5" Carsound Catalytic converter
2.5" mid-pipe that splits into dual 2.25" pipes (dual exhaust conversion)
Stock S2000 mufflers (2" inlets, or something close to it)

Electronics:
Autometer EGT/Boost/AF gauges
PLX M300 Wideband with Autometer interface kit
AEM EMS

The engine is all stock and I've been running 10psi since April of 2003. I ran AFC hack for good year or so before changing it to AEM EMS. I was running 9psi at the dyno because I had some issue with my MBC, which decided to crap out on me week prior to the tuning. But I fixed the spring to hold 9psi of boost at peak, which dropped to ~8psi after 5500rpm.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Have you considered getting an electronic exhaust cutout? So it dumps out before all those pipes when you need it, and is stealthy from the po's too?

And if you can replace it with another OEM exhaust, how about the SRT4 exhaust? No Mufflers :naughty:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VTEC-v6! said:
Have you considered getting an electronic exhaust cutout? So it dumps out before all those pipes when you need it, and is stealthy from the po's too?

And if you can replace it with another OEM exhaust, how about the SRT4 exhaust? No Mufflers :naughty:
actually i already have OEM s2k mufflers...cost me pretty penny to have to custom fabricated onto my car...so i'll probably leave it as is...

i considered e-cutouts...and the thing that worry me about that is "what if it starts to leak?"

but yeah, when i had dual N1 style mufflers, i definitely built boost faster...

it's pretty damn noticiable...but then again, did i mention that cops in VA are frigging NAZIs!?

·
POS driver
1,372 Posts
s2k exhaust is 2.5 isnt it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts