Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my local shop install a pair of them on my Monte Carlo, they sound sweet!! The perfect exhaust for someone who wants to enjoy road trips not endure them, yet still have a decent tone, mostly noticed under acceleration. It's tame, yet noticeable, is quiet both during city driving and on the freeway, but if you get in the pedal then it comes to life, giving off a low, throaty exhaust note, very, very nice.

I went to the dealer today to pick up my plates and there were a couple salesman standing by my car. I started it up and both of them immediately looked over, admiring the beautiful sound. One guys said "Wow, that sounds good, Flowmasters?" I said "nah, DynoMax Super Turbo beotch!" (well, without the beotch part )

·
import tuner and rn
1,592 Posts
why would anyone flame u ? anyway if they did then they are idiots, do u have any sound clips , would love to hear it

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
^:rofl: What happened to the Aero's?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eolife22 said:
why would anyone flame u ? anyway if they did then they are idiots, do u have any sound clips , would love to hear it
ahaha, I agree, but people love talking ish. I don't have any sound clips yet, I'm gonna try getting some w/my digi, hope it works.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VTEC-v6! said:
^:rofl: What happened to the Aero's?
Way too loud. I don't want to have to turn my stereo up to drown out the exhuast note, plus it had a nasal tone to it, didn't sound good at all. The super turbo's make the V6 sound like it's got some balls.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Dynomax ST muffler will sound good now but the internal packing on a Dynomax ST muffler wears out alot quicker than your average chambered muffler. Over time, the muffler will get loud and begin to drone inside the cabin making the car effectively sound like its not running a muffler.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Max on This said:
Dynomax ST muffler will sound good now but the internal packing on a Dynomax ST muffler wears out alot quicker than your average chambered muffler. Over time, the muffler will get loud and begin to drone inside the cabin making the car effectively sound like its not running a muffler.
This would be an issue if I planned on keeping the car for the rest of my life, and if they did not come with a lifetime warranty. No worries.

This must be a common complaint with Comptech catback exhaust owners, right?

·
What'll be my next car???
5 Posts
I had a DST on my 98 Maxima, and it sounded great. Not too loud, but with the perfect rumble for an exhaust. HIGHLY recommend it for value/sound for $.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts