Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Adventure is out there!
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
E-SHIFT PERFORMANCE HEADERS INSTALLED!! PICS, 1st DYNO RUN AND SECOND DYNO

After a long day of work of cuts and bruises(8 freaking hours), my brother and I have installed the E-PRO Cat header. Installation was a B**CH!!!!!!!. I wouldn't recommend installing this on your own unless you have a lot of PATIENCE!!!!! I have the first dyno run of my car. In this dyno i had the aem V2, Greddy EVO 2, UR Pulley, and Short Shifter. I can feel a HUGE!!!! difference in torque and horsepower. Sound, ahhhh the sound i F***ing love it. it's not much of a difference but you can notice it. Here are the pics..........

This is my dyno, i will re-dyno this week sometime and repost!!!

Pics of the two downpipes and one cat. Thats all you get.

Here are some pics of the installation.........GRRRRRR!!!!!!

In this pic i had to remove the battery and radiator. Its a must if you want to take out the front downpipe. Sorry no pic of taking out the radiator but its really simple only 2 bolts holding it on and thats under the panel.

Here is a pic of the front stock downpipe with the heat shield taken off.
here is a pic of the stock downpipe and e pro cat downpipe.
here is a pic of the o2 sensor. There is 2 o2 sensors for each downpipe. Be careful not to strip them when you take them off. I didnt do it but just giving you a heads up.
here is a bird's eye view of the back downpipe. I had to take the hood off. and yes i was standing on the motor. =)
here is a pic of the hi flow cat.

here is the cat installed.
here is the pic of the rear downpipe installed.
and here is the pic of the front downpipe installed.

Thats about all i have to say, =) and again i will post new dyno up when i get it done. If you have any questions feel free to ask!! :D
 

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
i guess i was confused...i was under the impression that the J-pipes were being replaced as well..this was the issue from the get-go of people complaining about the restrictive design and i thought that the kit was going to replace everything from the block to the 3rd cat...hmm..that is awful pricey to have to leave that section in...
 

·
Adventure is out there!
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
smokin6speed said:
i guess i was confused...i was under the impression that the J-pipes were being replaced as well..this was the issue from the get-go of people complaining about the restrictive design and i thought that the kit was going to replace everything from the block to the 3rd cat...hmm..that is awful pricey to have to leave that section in...
i was also under the impression that the j-pipes would be replaced to but so far it feels faster. I have no problem right now with it. The dyno will tell me if it is worth it or not.
 

·
Adventure is out there!
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ViNhXoNxAcCoRd said:
wow truong..dep wa di...very nice..does it worth it to buy?how much did it cost you total for it?
the total was just a thousand. lol dep wa di. so far from the feel of it, it is worth it. I'm just waitn for the dyno :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
littletruong said:
i was also under the impression that the j-pipes would be replaced to but so far it feels faster. I have no problem right now with it. The dyno will tell me if it is worth it or not.
I was under the same impression before I got this done as well, I kind of thought we were getting new j pipes too but I did gain 17hp & 13.1 ft/lbs of torque so all in all its worth it I think and u just gain a few more horses than I did cause u got a 6 speed
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129555&page=1&pp=25
In the first post on this page it says that stage 2 may be in the works, maybe this is a new j pipe, maybe we shoud ask Esp about making one
 

·
Adventure is out there!
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
03ondubs said:
I was under the same impression before I got this done as well, I kind of thought we were getting new j pipes too but I did gain 17hp & 13.1 ft/lbs of torque so all in all its worth it I think and u just gain a few more horses than I did cause u got a 6 speed
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129555&page=1&pp=25
In the first post on this page it says that stage 2 may be in the works, maybe this is a new j pipe, maybe we shoud ask Esp about making one
i couldnt find what page it was on. there's a lot to search through. =) i guess i was just too lazy hehe. but hey let me know if there is a stage 2 ill jump right on that as well. =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
littletruong said:
i couldnt find what page it was on. there's a lot to search through. =) i guess i was just too lazy hehe. but hey let me know if there is a stage 2 ill jump right on that as well. =)
It's in the first post almost at the end of the paragraph
 

·
Adventure is out there!
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well here is my dyno run with the e-pro cat headers: Remember that when you add mods hp together its not for example a+b+c= whatever amount the total of all your mods. They all work together to produce your total whp. But here is the dyno:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/littletruong/dyno2accord.jpg

Hey 03ondubs how much was your total whp? Do you have exhaust or intake or anything else done to your car?
 

·
indoctidiscant
Joined
·
3,790 Posts

so tq gain was non existant but tq was maintained further out. good deal. :D

but if you really look at it this chart does show that thing is effective only post the VTEC crossover point. aka not effective for a daily driver unless you love going WOT all the way..

WOT all the way = tons of fuel being burnt.. :(
 

·
Adventure is out there!
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
joedanger11 said:
up by 9 whp? cant really see the numbers...
yea its up by 9 whp, you have to take into account that the 17 whp gained or whatever from other cars is prolly bc they havnt got as much mods done as i have. But im happy with how the car drives and how it pulls in higher rpms. =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
oh right, i forgot u did dyno with other mods on. yea.. 224 before pro-cats is high. i guess overall, 232 whp is pretty darn good.

now.. what next?? hehe
 

·
Adventure is out there!
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
joedanger11 said:
oh right, i forgot u did dyno with other mods on. yea.. 224 before pro-cats is high. i guess overall, 232 whp is pretty darn good.

now.. what next?? hehe
i dont know.....I've been thinking about it and i want a supercharger but iono....might do a custom one with pro charger but well see how things go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
what mods do you have? I made 231 on the auto w/ exhuast/cai/pulley/thermoblok spacers/e-shift cats. But we're on different dynos, so hard to compare. I made 213 w/ pully/cai... 231 w/ adding exhuast/cats/spacers.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top