Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of the precat deletes on a friends car, so I figure why not delay mine for a few and get a dyno going

so now I have a good comparison dyno between my car with procats... vs a buddys car with no cats

E-shift Cats - 249hp/209tq
No Cats - 260hp/(tq was not recorded:()

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
No cats makes that big of a difference.... nice. Wish there were some torque figures, but beggars can't be choosers!

Any smells with that no cat set up and has your friend thrown any codes?

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no lights... the smell inside the car (not there)... driving behind him with your A/C on... hahahahahahahah... frucker smells like a semi

I'll have more figures next week, I am going to make a couple pulls in the TL with the procats gone... atlp jpipe gone... so I will be running richie's full setup... I expect to be in the 260's in this same dyno... there is another dynojet I've frequented but their numbers are grossely exaggerated... ie. 20hp higher

·
AccordingToSean
874 Posts
so he was not cats at all, only a j-pipe? wonder if that would be a smart move to pull in the AV6, if there isnt a big loss in tq.
just for reference sake there three cats corrects??? 2 after the headers and a third cat??? forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject...

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
You are correct. The two pre-cats and the third cat.

I was debating dropping all three, but theres got to be some back pressure in there somewhere.

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I anticipated the loss of back pressure, sooo I am running a resonated catback with a single exit 2.5" diamter.. To an hks canister

Single should definitely keep that backpressure

And the 260hp run was in fact with no precats, atlp jpipe, atlp racepipe, and a billy boat non resonated catback...

Another member dyno'd with the full richie setup and the comptech catback and pulled 264 :)

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
I'm gonna order the j-pipe/test pipe friday and then i'll put it on and baseline my car at the dyno (first time ever) with AEM V2 and j pipe/test pipe. then I'll get my Borla and put that on and then dyno it again. This will be an easy 6 weeks though.

·
Registered
531 Posts
^ ^ ^ ^

cool!

I know Richie posted his dyno sheet, but I guess it'll be a few more weeks until people get thiers installed and start testing the gains

·
AccordingToSean
874 Posts
I'm gonna order the j-pipe/test pipe friday and then i'll put it on and baseline my car at the dyno (first time ever) with AEM V2 and j pipe/test pipe. then I'll get my Borla and put that on and then dyno it again. This will be an easy 6 weeks though.
yea but you'd be missing the pre cat deletes

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Nice! Better gains than I expected. Thanks for doing the dyno!

Wish there were some torque figures, but beggars can't be choosers!
Do the math?

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Getting us Accord owners excited thinking we'd hit 260 whp because this is a J32 graph in the Accord forum FTL. :p

Wait, I thought it was too much to run the cat deletes and Jpipe/test pipe?

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The graph was from 2 j35s... :)

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hahaha, you are hilarious dude

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you rest ur battery...? Cuz I am at 250miles since install, no codes at all...

Curious to see what the codes are

As for the torque #'s... Jpipe + procats = loss of tq

·
ILUVBOX
290 Posts
It should not affect the tq as much if you stay with a stock catback system. The combo will allow for more flow away from the engine then when it hits the smaller diameter of the stock pipe it should rebound well to maintain some good numbers (numbers may vary, and some may think a loss of two is something to cry about and other may not.)

As for codes go.... not to sure if I want to play around with the deletes cause of the uncertainty of will I or wont I?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts