Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
KSU Owls
232 Posts
for 460 i like em.. but i don't really understand why they have those wheel lock thingys on em.. i liked the older model without em.. i have actually never seen those on a TL with those wheel lock things... I just think its a little weird that they modified the wheel.. doesn't even look OEM.. i loved the clean stockish look of em and those freaking wheel locks just change the WHOLE look of them

·
KSU Owls
232 Posts
i personally think they look BADASS.

the oem ones are just too plain and dull.
ya.. i mean it just depends on what your lookin for.. somepeople want more flash.. others want the clean stockish look but with a aftermarket look.. like me.. so if you like em id jump on it.. if not then i wouldn't.. just all depends on what your lookin for

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
not feeling the rivets, but thats just because I hate cleaning wheels... haha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but i don't really understand why they have those wheel lock thingys on em..
It probably has to do with a patented design. My Dad worked for American Racing and he heard about people copying wheel designs and getting sued for it when he worked there.

They have to make them different some how to avoid a lawsuit.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Has anyone bought a set of the Acura TL wheels off ebay like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43957&viewitem=&item=290159935263

I don't care for the fake two piece wheel look, but they are the only TL wheels I can find for a decent price.

Opinions?
But will you be able to get "H" center caps in that same color ? Be patient and keep looking. Give it a couple months..If I remember correctly 400 dollars is a average price...Not a good deal just average price..

·
KSU Owls
232 Posts
But will you be able to get "H" center caps in that same color ? Be patient and keep looking. Give it a couple months..If I remember correctly 400 dollars is a average price...Not a good deal just average price..
The center cap looks like the same color as the regular Honda Cap.. i don't think that is much of a problem...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Patience is still virtue; I've seen a whole bunch of OEM TL Wheels on Craigslist Sacramento in the past for around 400 with 50% tread life.

And they look much better without the rivets.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Patience is still virtue; I've seen a whole bunch of OEM TL Wheels on Craigslist Sacramento in the past for around 400 with 50% tread life.

And they look much better without the rivets.
I agree. I'm going to keep looking. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts