1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
cant you do that to your OEM headlights, and have a more reliable headlight?

·
Registered
758 Posts
L337-J said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8064246442&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Are these headlights good?

or should I go for the Halo? Are there any Halos out there that use stock 9005 9006 bulbs?

I might be getting HID in the future. (no retro for me. way tooo expensive :( )
so I would need a set of headlights thats compatible to HID.

What do you guys suggest?

Any comments or advices are welcome. :)

we've been over the retro versus getting HID conversion in oem styled headlights. I have these headlights being retrofitted and will post pictures when they are done. The eBay quality of lights is not as good as the OEM quality, however, it was the look I was trying to get. The problem with getting a HID conversion with these light assemblies is the glare will be nuts and there will not be a true cut off line.

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
hey that thing on Ebay is your stock headlight painted black. lol... there are many DIYs teaching you how to get somethin looking like that (or even better!) out of your own headlights.
as far as the HIDs go, if you wanna get halos (which would b after market) then you defiently need to retrofit since the heat from HID will peel off the coating of the cheap projectors provided on the ebay headlights..
but as some say, you could try HID on your current headlights but if you wanna paint it and all, you shud get high temp paint and it might still peel off after awhile..

makes any sence?!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can get my headlights painted in a shop but I wont have the clear reflector like the one on Ebay.

Are there any good quality Halos out there? (ie, good light output, paint wont peel off, and uses stock 9005 9006 bulbs)? Basically I need a set of good looking good quality headlamps that is compatible to HID (non-retro) if I decide to install HID in the future.

·
Registered
596 Posts
L337-J said:
I can get my headlights painted in a shop but I wont have the clear reflector like the one on Ebay.

Are there any good quality Halos out there? (ie, good light output, paint wont peel off, and uses stock 9005 9006 bulbs)? Basically I need a set of good looking good quality headlamps that is compatible to HID (non-retro) if I decide to install HID in the future.
Ebay Halo's will dead easily, probably the one that they used ib BMW is the best halo out there. If you decided to get HID in the future, go with inspire headlight [HID compatible]...you save the time and hassle trying to get a good aftermarket headlight. I heard those pieces sell at 500+, and it's a perfect fitments...however you need to modified the wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts