Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Whoah
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone is using an ebay style headlight projectors.

My friend got them for his mustang and they actually look pretty damn cool. Of course, the light output sucks but I live in the middle of the city so it dont bother me really.

So, anyone using these right now? Any opinions positive and/or negative about them?

·
Suppa Clean 6th Gen
1,194 Posts
no....

dont gets those light output will be shtty halos will go out over time, and they will mostlikely fog

tyc's are the best projectors option for us, or blackhouse JDM style

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
I've had to re-seal a few of those headlights for people already due to fogging/condensation issues.

The build quality isn't that great, and I've heard of the chrome in the reflector bowls flaking off when used with HIDs...

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
They suck.

·
3,436 Posts
I had them..never had a problem with them leaking or anything...went threw lots of bulbs..and like you know...the output is AWFUL..i liked the halos but overall hated the lights...

So yeah they are gone...

·
Whoah
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured the output would suck anyway, thats kind of a given. But like I said, I live in a well lighted area, so it doesnt bother me that much. My oem output is terrible too but I really dont care.

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
trust me you don't want those. my friend bought a set and he regrets it lol it will look cool at first then it'll just look cheap after a while when the lense turn yellow and halo won't work. i went thru my rice stage when i first got my car (aftermarket clear headlights which turned yellow after a year or so and hyper whites all around) and now my friend's going thru his but i think he's at the point where he think it's better to have stock or cleaner looking stuffs lol

·
Regan
594 Posts
Can they handle HID? i've got a pair of those and the output is ****ty...i want to put HiD but I am not sure if they can handle the heat .

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
those ebay halos don't look too good! i'd say get the TYC projectors!!! wat is the cost btween the tycs vs ebays?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
kleptodathief said:
those ebay halos don't look too good! i'd say get the TYC projectors!!! wat is the cost btween the tycs vs ebays?
Not a big difference...TYC projectors are way of higher quality, but the thing is HID output is still not that great in them that is what I heard from some people

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
ace1105 said:
Can they handle HID? i've got a pair of those and the output is ****ty...i want to put HiD but I am not sure if they can handle the heat .

the can of course handle hids. hid are not as hot as halogens so there should be no problem with heat issue. hids are a lot cooler than halogens. but not sure if you'll get the output you want since those projectors aren't too good spreading light.

·
Registered
790 Posts
you COULD keep that projectors and do a retrofit on them. it would cool if you do, to me. the original projectors is the same (or original) size as other retros.

·
6th gen
625 Posts
I think those on any car makes your car look cheap.

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
i bought them on ebay about a year ago. ups ****ed on shipping and broke hinges. got my money back. i tested them but light output sucks. word projectors should tell you that they have narror light pattern and thats excatly what i found. if you think you gona get same output like audi or one of those factory projectors dont waste time or money. i dont think they are DOT approved ether. they look good with halos but they suck. spend some more money on TYC or modify your oed headlights and put projectors from acura or audi or something

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
so aftermarket hid kits on oem stock housing will b crappy and alot of glare??? im thinking tycs + cheapo aftermarket HID kit = bout 400usd???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts