Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ive been asking everyone for advice lately, but im really starting to get into my car. I would really like to get projectors and equip them with some nice HID's... So i have started to look on eBay for new headlights, but i have been reading around in other threads and no one seems to like to eBay projectors! Why is this?!? Im looking around on eBay because i dont have the money or "know how" to retrofit my own headlights. Thanks once again everyone
-Erik

·
Registered
542 Posts
well i am about to stick some hids in a set of ebay projectors. So I will tell you how the light output is. They say the output sucks.

·
3,436 Posts
yeah don't get ebay projectors..the output is awful on them..i had them on my car and couldn't stand it anymore..i now have a retrofit which is more expensive but the output is way better..Stock output>those ebay projectors..and they also look better then the ebay ones

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
yeah i had ebay projectors for like a month and without an hid kit, just silverstar bulbs, and I went through 4 of them in a month. that's when I switched to tycs and I love em. you don't have to do retrofits yourself btw. talk to 99aznaccord. I think that's the username. of course it's way more expensive than tycs though.

·
3,436 Posts
my bulbs only went bad once in the few months i had them..but i probably went threw 15 fuses or so..overall they were just a pain in the a$$..the halos looked farely good..but not worth the money..

if i was you i would just keep OEM, or get a retrofit..if you look in the for sale section the is usually a used set for sale

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
indeed. you can probably get a used set for under $400. yeah I also went through fuses with the stupid ebay projectors. I had to get some sort of adapter to fix the wiring the stupid things blew. it's just retarded.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah my friend talked me into keeping em OEMish lol im gonna get the blackhoused headlights and just throw some hids in there. A bit rice, but in my price range! Im gonna be throwing light like its my job =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts