Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MATT
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in need of some new brake pads for the accord. ive seen a few threads but nothing lately on upgrading to aftermarket brake pads...after reviewing some ive narrowed it down to the EBC greenstuff brake pads. anybody have these and care to leave some thoughts or feedback. im down to barely anything so i need to do something quick

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
I agree, awesome pads. They bite well but I have found them to produce more dust then other pads. Not a problem if you regularly wash the car.

·
MATT
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input....i went ahead and purchased these....they will be on the car my next weekend....i will give my opinions of them once installed

·
Picture Perfect
1,758 Posts
I agree, awesome pads. They bite well but I have found them to produce more dust then other pads. Not a problem if you regularly wash the car.
I'm interested to know which pads produced less dust for you then the Green Stuff. I loved them for the fact that they produced so little of it.

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
I'm interested to know which pads produced less dust for you then the Green Stuff. I loved them for the fact that they produced so little of it.
Well these are the first pads I've used in my RL bbk. I used several wilwood pads in my old wilwood bbk and they produced much less dust then these. When I had my stock brakes, the oem pads seemed to produce less dust as well.

With so many different brake setups, I guess it's a bit hard to compare pad dusting.

·
MATT
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I would give some input since its been close to 3 weeks or so on these...first off I had to get new front rotors awesome more money out of my pocket. The rear rotors were resurfaced,turned whatever. Ok so first impression upon overlooking the rims for scratches was ahh cool a little more color in the wheel well (uhm yeah green pads)...very good bite as mentioned and to me a little less dust than normal pads but nothing to write home about....I had no squealing until day two and little at that just when depressing the brake gently and coming to a stop. Today there is no more squealing and I'm happy with the purchase. I would recommend these brake pads :up:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am considering red pads as a future purchase. I have had yellow and find their cold bite to be poor for regular street driving. They are excellent when driving through some curved roads and get warm but I need something more consistent for the street but able to take the heat.

Anyone experience with red v yellow v green?

·
Registered
18 Posts
how much mileage do you guys have on ur cars? for some reason i am at 100k kms and my stock pads are still goin strong

·
MATT
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am considering red pads as a future purchase. I have had yellow and find their cold bite to be poor for regular street driving. They are excellent when driving through some curved roads and get warm but I need something more consistent for the street but able to take the heat.

No this is my first experiment with EBC

·
MATT
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much mileage do you guys have on ur cars? for some reason i am at 100k kms and my stock pads are still goin strong
Not sure why I wasn't able to double quote you and my previous response but my car has just under 50k miles....I may have been had with the new rotors for the front but seeing my wife and little girl are daily in the accord right now I'm not willing to risk the car not being safe. I know the brake pads were shot though....heavier aftermarket wheels on stock brake parts is no good

·
Registered
294 Posts

I live in mountains with a lot of curvy roads. Friend and I both have red on all 4 corners. I feel they are good for all around driving.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Daily driving lots of stop and go? If so, CMAX from Auto Zone got almost 55,000miles out of the front and rear still good! and its Life time warranty.

·
*S.L.O-CREW*
1,696 Posts
i have EBC dimple and slotted rotors all around with the green stuff brake pads. man, do they bite hard when i need to stop. GOOD STUFF!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do the EX cars have different brakes than the LX? I have an auto LX car and the factory pads went around 40K, the rear was in the metal. I put Hawks HPS pads on and Brembo blanks and they didn't fair any better? On my third set now @ 84K miles. Just put some Wagner's on it with off the shelf rotors.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts