Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..been a while since I've been on here
I was thinking about ether getting a ECU re flash or a j-pipe...just wanted to know what should i do first?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885Xa6OkGnk
many of you prob already seen this video...currently these are my latest mods on the car. So let me what should i be doing next?
thanks

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Do you mean an ECU tune? There is no reflash for our cars.

I'd say get a jpipe. You have intake, exhaust and a test pipe. Get the jpipe and love the extra torque bump it gives you low-to-mid range. Just my .02

ibatlp

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah an ECU tune...hmmm someone told me there was a reflash for our cars
oh well...mbr311 put some videos up so i can see how yours is

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
J-pipe hands down. Do eeett!

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
yeah an ECU tune...hmmm someone told me there was a reflash for our cars
oh well...mbr311 put some videos up so i can see how yours is
Tune is possible but make sure you read up on it. Our ECU likes to negate tunes after awhile. There is no reflash...

I don't have a video camera so no vid clips. The jpipe doesn't make the car louder, just deeper.

Honestly for the price, there isn't a better power mod IMO. It's something you can use on a daily basis (low-to-midrange torque). :up:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi everyone..been a while since I've been on here
I was thinking about ether getting a ECU re flash or a j-pipe...just wanted to know what should i do first?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885Xa6OkGnk
many of you prob already seen this video...currently these are my latest mods on the car. So let me what should i be doing next?
thanks
im pretty sure only a dealership can "flash" an ECU...otherwise its illegal as far as i know. especially if the car is under warranty, by doing this it completely voids it no matter what.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so put j-pipe first then do the ECU tune?...has anyone done the ECU tune?
and if so what was the hp difference,torque difference ect.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tune is possible but make sure you read up on it. Our ECU likes to negate tunes after awhile. There is no reflash...

I don't have a video camera so no vid clips. The jpipe doesn't make the car louder, just deeper.

Honestly for the price, there isn't a better power mod IMO. It's something you can use on a daily basis (low-to-midrange torque). :up:
Lol buy an video camera/ borrow it
If anyone is selling a used j-pipe that is in good condition I'll take it :)

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
im pretty sure only a dealership can "flash" an ECU...otherwise its illegal as far as i know. especially if the car is under warranty, by doing this it completely voids it no matter what.
:rofl4:

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
unless your FI or going with more displacement (3.2, 3.5 etc,..) ECU tuning is pointless :/

intake and exhaust mods should always be first on the list.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
unless your FI or going with more displacement (3.2, 3.5 etc,..) ECU tuning is pointless :/

intake and exhaust mods should always be first on the list.
K...i was thinking about putting a supercharger in but not going to cuz i got AT :(..not worth it
but buying a 8th gen soon :) black on black

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
It does if done on the A-pex'i unit, AEM FIC will hold the tune and actually controls sensors instead of tricking them, as Paul explained to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts