Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried using the ecu 37820-RDB-A61 from the 08 type s for hondata on the 03-07 accord? When you look up the ecu number it's only compatible for the type s hondata on their website. It's not listed under the 03-07 accord. But my thought is that if you have the ecu adapter to use the type s ecu on the accord, does it even matter? Aren't the type s and accord hondata the same, so in theory you could use ecu's for either, right? I asked hondata and im thinking that they said no it's not compatible because they "discontinued" the adapter so in their head there's no way. Someone tell me if I'm right or not or if anyones used this ecu. In theory if they still had the adapter and most people do, could you run ecu's from either? Would also swapping out a ecu subharness also help? This is confusing but also maybe opens a window for more ecu's to be used.
I have 37820-RDB-A61 and 37820-RDB-A53.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
To run hondata on our cars you need to run the TL Flashpro since our ECUs can't be cracked. To do that you'll need the 07-08 TL Ecu, CAN Adapter, and the ecu harness adapter to run the TL Ecu with the accord chassis harness. The adapters are getting harder to find since everywhere is discontinued, but I believe CJs wiring still makes them although he's super backed up right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To run hondata on our cars you need to run the TL Flashpro since our ECUs can't be cracked. To do that you'll need the 07-08 TL Ecu, CAN Adapter, and the ecu harness adapter to run the TL Ecu with the accord chassis harness. The adapters are getting harder to find since everywhere is discontinued, but I believe CJs wiring still makes them although he's super backed up right now.
Yeah I already have all of that stuff. I have the cjs wiring ecu adapter and can bus adapter. My question tho is can I use 37820-RDB-A61(08 type s 3.5 automatic ecu). It's not listed as a compatible ecu for the accord hondata, but if you go over to the type s hondata, it's compatible for that one. But since we're using the tl hondata, would that matter?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I already have all of that stuff. I have the cjs wiring ecu adapter and can bus adapter. My question tho is can I use 37820-RDB-A61(08 type s 3.5 automatic ecu). It's not listed as a compatible ecu for the accord hondata, but if you go over to the type s hondata, it's compatible for that one. But since we're using the tl hondata, would that matter?
I don't have personal experience using the a61 for flashpro, but the hondata website says it's compatible with the accord when you use their compatibility check

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have personal experience using the a61 for flashpro, but the hondata website says it's compatible with the accord when you use their compatibility check
When you enter it in it says it is but if you look closely it says compatible with tl type s hondata, not the accord. And that's what I'm trying to figure out lol. Like is hondata just being difficult and not saying it'll work but really it would yanno?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts