Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here do the EGR delete? I know P2R sells an plate... I have been thinking about this for a week or two now. Just dont see anyone post anything about it... Just curious is anyone is running the delete and has any cells, problems or running great.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
havent done it yet, i think they dynoed a TL-S with just the EGR delete and it picked up power ~ 5whp i think?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so for us it may be like 2-3whp? Saying that because the TL-S has higher compression, more displacement and better cams.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
ye maybe...hard to say, but im not one to pass up even a possibility of a 3whp gain.. lol ill take w.e. i can get...i just havent tried it yet :up:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ye maybe...hard to say, but im not one to pass up even a possibility of a 3whp gain.. lol ill take w.e. i can get...i just havent tried it yet :up:
same here, when it comes to all motor.

·
Registered
843 Posts
NVA-AV6 made a custom aluminum piece w/ a breather filter that pulled in fresh air and kept the EGR in place. This prevented the ECU from throwing a CEL. I would try contacting him to see how much he would charge for one. I'd probably be interested in getting one also.

EDIT: here's his thread: bye-bye-egr

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
I would try contacting him to see how much he would charge for one. I'd probably be interested in getting one also.

"the cost will be $100 shipped which will include new correct length bolts and new EGR valve gaskets. "

Not sure if the price is still good or not though.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,780 Posts
Mr. Smalsers EGR bypass works. I am running it on my J35A3 in my 6th gen. No CEL from it after 1.5 years, no problems from it.

As far as gaining HP from it? umm, I say none. might gain some during cooler weather since you are not putting hot gases back into the engine.

The real benefit you gain from it, is eliminating the recirculation of exhaust gases back into the engine, which clog it up over a period of time. Add 2 catch cans, for the front and rear head, along with the bypass EGR and it will help your top end stay much cleaner.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mr. Smalsers EGR bypass works. I am running it on my J35A3 in my 6th gen. No CEL from it after 1.5 years, no problems from it.

As far as gaining HP from it? umm, I say none. might gain some during cooler weather since you are not putting hot gases back into the engine.

The real benefit you gain from it, is eliminating the recirculation of exhaust gases back into the engine, which clog it up over a period of time. Add 2 catch cans, for the front and rear head, along with the bypass EGR and it will help your top end stay much cleaner.
How much was it?

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,780 Posts
generic catch cans? any specific brands you recommend?

I run Megans. They come with some "ok" gaskets. Not sure what else is good or better. I do know that some of those "generic" ebay catch cans don't come with gaskets.

Also, there is no drain plug on the Megans, just another hose barb. So you gonna have to replace that hose barb with a plug for it.

But, you could actually make your own also. Some ideas are out there on the web.

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
Yo...

NVA-AV6 made a custom aluminum piece w/ a breather filter that pulled in fresh air and kept the EGR in place. This prevented the ECU from throwing a CEL. I would try contacting him to see how much he would charge for one. I'd probably be interested in getting one also.

I paid for one of these in Aug of 2010....

still don't have it...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts