Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 accord v6 coupe with the HFP package and i want to put some sportline springs on. Will the shocks i have on now be ok? Or should i get new shocks before i throw my springs on? Also, will i need a camber kit?

·
enjoying j36 luv
793 Posts
GENSE7EN said:
I have an 04 accord v6 coupe with the HFP package and i want to put some sportline springs on. Will the shocks i have on now be ok? Or should i get new shocks before i throw my springs on? Also, will i need a camber kit?

u only need camber kits for the rear and only if u need them it all depends on how much your droping the car as for the shocks u can leave them if there still good but to get a better ride u should change them all together i was told koni is good but i went with tokico as im happy with my ride

·
Registered
53 Posts
stilloco,

you went with tokico shocks? does tokico make high performance shocks equivalent to the koni yellows? i thought the only high performance shock for the 7thgen accord was the koni yellows.

·
enjoying j36 luv
793 Posts
villaen said:
stilloco,

you went with tokico shocks? does tokico make high performance shocks equivalent to the koni yellows? i thought the only high performance shock for the 7thgen accord was the koni yellows.

well thats what i thought as well till i found the tokicos since i have used them before and was happy with them i went with them again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stillloco said:
u only need camber kits for the rear and only if u need them it all depends on how much your droping the car as for the shocks u can leave them if there still good but to get a better ride u should change them all together i was told koni is good but i went with tokico as im happy with my ride

I talked to some dude at discount tire cuz I was checking out some wheels and they said that springs are a waste of money bla blah blah, I should have got coilovers blah blah blah, and that my shocks will blow in 6 months and it would mess up my suspension. I was going to get some tokicos or something soon but all these conflicting opinions are the reason that I haven't done any suspension work. People also say that i shouldn't lower my car until I get new wheels...
Is this true???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts