Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is a better choice? Obviously, sportline drops and gives a better look, but prokit is better in quality, and also.. long lasting. sportline drops avg about 1.7, and prokit.. about 1.2 / 1.3. which is a better choice on 18s ?

·
Registered
355 Posts
prokits...because that is what I have

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Prokit doesn't drop as low as sportsline, no camber issues,

Sportsline, needs aftermarket shocks, need camber kit, drops lower than prokit

·
Registered
748 Posts
sportline, i got a similar drop with H&R springs, 1.5 and 1.3 on 19z and theres still a gap. if you dont mind the gap then go with the pro kit but other wise go with the sportline.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
i got prokit and prodamper on my sedan, will be install after my one month vacation. I would not recommend prokit and oem shock, if you want to blow ur shock than go ahead.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
vt4lifecuf said:
I would not recommend prokit and oem shock, if you want to blow ur shock than go ahead.
3 Years, 60,000 Miles and counting... Prokit and stock Shocks,

I know of people that has gone on longer with it

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
^ Yea I remember JonHsiung saying his prokits still lasting strong, 3 yrs and 60,000 miles wow.. Makes me want to invest in the pros..

Also above people are discussing the drop on pros and sports. 7gens with 18s would have a larger wheel gap than 6gens correct?

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
mista jc said:
^ Yea I remember JonHsiung saying his prokits still lasting strong, 3 yrs and 60,000 miles wow.. Makes me want to invest in the pros..

Also above people are discussing the drop on pros and sports. 7gens with 18s would have a larger wheel gap than 6gens correct?
yes, and also that's why 7th genners should opt for 19s to get a better tuck/fill and maybe invest in a coilover system.

·
Registered
748 Posts
yeah coilover systems the way to go, i got h&r springs 1.5 1.3 with 19x8 and theres still a wheel gap front and back.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
sportlines dont require new shocks....i have 16,000 miles and mine are still fine....any lowering springs will eventually wear your shocks out faster than stock springs...just some faster than others but the sportlines don't require new shocks...i dont know why people keep saying not to keep your stock shocks...there are a bunch of people out there still on stock shocks with a multitude of drops....they will make the ride smoother but they are not necessary and i have yet to blow my shocks after nearly 15,000 miles with sportlines...but back to the topic do not get sportlines...they are a great ride but a terribly uneaven drop...it drops the rear much lower than the front and gives it a very strange/unfinsihed look.....i'm getting rid of mine and getting either tein basic or neuspeed race springs with koni adjustable shocks when my shocks go out

check out my gallery to see what i'm saying about the drop being uneaven

1 - 13 of 13 Posts