Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
It is a strong engine... the stock internal can hold 350WHP without any problem. But tranny is another story:(

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
2spEeDautO said:
How many miles can they last though?

Well...how long is the typical life of a turbo charged h4?
i dont know if thats really known since the car hasnt been around that long (3-4 years)....its kinda like the J30, we expect alot out of them but we really just dont know because noone has had one blow up yet without making it do that.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, nice mods btw! :)

But...the asian and european markets have had this car for much longer, and similarly, the engine!

So...theres bound to be information about reliabilty. Cause afterall this car isn't exactly *new*. Its just new to the North American market.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
2spEeDautO said:
True, nice mods btw! :)

But...the asian and european markets have had this car for much longer, and similarly, the engine!

So...theres bound to be information about reliabilty. Cause afterall this car isn't exactly *new*. Its just new to the North American market.
is it the exact same engines cuz that rarely happens, especially with the US emissions and other regualtions.

·
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >
4,236 Posts
are there any problems a WRX buyer should be aware of? Like for example, a problem an AV6 buyer shud be aware of is the tranny..

is there anything a WRX is not good with?

488 Posts
yea, i heard the trannies aren't ass strong ass they should be but i beleive some companies already have upgrades for it. i think turbo XS is one of them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
they updated the trannies so there shouldn't be any problem with them or so i heard...

engines should last that long as long as you take care of it

but umm if you are looking for more answers... might try out going to www.i-club.com as they have lots of info there

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what I can tell...Everyone that buys a WRX ...mods it...and thus when you mod, your reliability is sacrificed. This case is typical with most modders, cause they probably lack knowledge.

Plus...I think alot of people buy the WRX cause of its rally heritage, and turbo style. Thus they tend to overdrive the cars...again compromising reliability...
However, from what I see... There are some that know how to tune the engines, and modify them properly to maintain factory reliability, and may even prolong the life. The problem with this is that it takes a lot of money to do so. Thus, I believe that the WRX is not a reliable car if modified.... Mainly because of the users lack of knowledge, and the turbo engine's potential life span.

However, the lack of knowledge can only be applied to used subaru wrx's.

Also, the transmissions have already been proved to have problems... I guess the subaru is off my car wanted list.

aside: the engine sounds terrible...

·
Registered
78 Posts
boo boxer engines sound nice

and i would think the same goes for most cars if you mod it... kind of a given there... and part of the tranny problems are because of people not knowing how to use it

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just bought an 04' WRX and there are a few sites that you can get info from. http://www.nasioc.com/ and http://www.wrxtuners.com/. I also own an 03' Accord V6 coupe (AT). The cars are totally different animals. All I can say is drive the WRX and you are bound to buy one. It is in a different class than the Honda but it would be hard to match its level of performance at a similar price. BTW I paid $23,649 for mine, its a 5sp, has the 17" Prodrive Pirelli wheel package and rear spoiler.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts