Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any damage when u drive with your emergency brakes on, I drove with it on for about 2 miles going from 10-40 mph. I have an I4 02 accord with about 14k on the brakes. Maybe its just me becuase i think it felt as though i lost power after i turned it off or am i just being paranoid?

·
Registered
492 Posts
That is a pretty short distance, I wouldn't worry about it as long as they are not dragging.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Your just wearing them out quicker. If you do it for too long the same thing will happen to you that happened to this lady I heard about, she left the e-brake up long enough for the brake fluid to start to boil and she basically lost almost half of her braking power (had to wait for everything to cool down).

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
this happened to me recently...my girlfriend took my car to her house and then drove back here running in my house screaming my cars on fire...and with my wires running under the car for the pc and system and stuff i had a panic attack...turns out she was just a stupid ass...lol

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
timdastis said:
this happened to me recently...my girlfriend took my car to her house and then drove back here running in my house screaming my cars on fire...and with my wires running under the car for the pc and system and stuff i had a panic attack...turns out she was just a stupid ass...lol
haha, so she just smelled something funny then?

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
yea the stench was awful, and smoke was coming from my rear passenger wheel

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm, so there should be no engine damage right, because it's a lil too hot to go get the car checked out in So Cal, maybe im just being paranoid but i tihnk the car got weaker. I'll proably get it chekd out over the weekend, thanks for all the replys.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I did the same thing sever time when I was park on a down slop but I did not have it on for 2 miles! maybe 1/4 mile B4 I notice it when I lets of the gas and the car slow down faster then normal. you should not have any problem since its like the same thing as riding your brake but it would warp your rotor if you have it on long enough because the back are not vented like the front.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
timdastis said:
^^^ why i dont and wont let my girl ever drive my car.....shes really nice and all, and shes great, but shes not so smart, haha. she doesnt use the ebrake in her car....ever, so whats gonna stop her from putting my ebrake handle down if she ever drove my car....nothing. i alwys put it on, every time i get out of my car, its just habbit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts