Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF?! I went with my friend to go pick up his car from the inspection place and I asked if $12.50 was a state-wide inspection price. The guy was like "yea...until next month (he meant september)...then it's goin up to $28". Then he told me the reason was because they're starting to do emissions tests starting in Sept. Well...that...just...sucks.

Do the Comptech axle backs pass emissions for you guys? (I don't know what the TX standard is gonna be...but I just wanna know in general if people are passing with the CTs or not)

Thanks!!

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't think you need one now. but i could be wrong. that doesn't make sense since they blew a sh*t storm about not having license plate frames...now you don't even need theh plate? gahd! texans....

i just hope my CTs pass....

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have CT cat-back,header and SC and I pass Emissions with flying color!except for my tint! The first time I had it inspect I had to rip the 2 front tint off B4 they would pass me.Then I got to know some people who knew people who did state inspection without giving you a hard time about your tint!:D

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea my CTs are just axle backs...so i'm thinking that they'll pass. seeing as i have the OEM cat and all =/

·
Registered
238 Posts
Where are you located in Texas? They've been doing emission testing in the DFW area for years. If you have a newer model car (96 or newer), they just hook an OBD scanner to your car's computer. Otherwise, you get the sniffer test.

BTW: The no front plate legislation did not pass. You're still required to have them.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Kanon said:
BTW: The no front plate legislation did not pass. You're still required to have them.
oh really? i thought it did. i was ready to rip that front license plate on on sept 1st, but i guess not. :(

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dang! i was lookin' forward to that. i heard that surf board wax on the front bumper also dissipates the laser from speed guns =] but i'm not about to do that.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well...i don't think they're gonna take this as far as comin' out with "T.A.R.B." =P but yea...we're one step closer to being screw. i heard that the 98-00 accord has different emissions standards (vs. the 01-02). i think it's the "LEV" vs. the "ULEV"...i dunno though. anyway...the guy @ the shop told me that it would be done according to what year/make/model car you have. not just a general standard...so i'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts