Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, my engine is finished again. I will be needing a short block with internals. Anybody know where I can get one for cheap. My ride is at Honda right now. I don't really know what to do. All I know is that they are not going to be covering it under Honda Care at all. I am probably going to be getting out of this car and getting into something else. Prolly AMG or something. Does anyone want to buy my car, cause as of right now I will be selling it. I am not going to part it out. I just want to sell it as is. Please help me out if you can with some info on where to get a short block used but still in good condition.

-Drew

·
Registered
813 Posts
Damn that sux! You always have the option of your insurance to pay to fix it, but its probably better if you pay for it if you have the money.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
that sucks!!! that 7gen is legendary! you can donate it to me! Ill take care of it

can I have, umm... the TRUE DUAL Tanabe Exhaust,Tein SS-P,Brembo BBK,Maido GR5 20x8.5 w/ Nitto NT555??? :p jk. hope you get everything worked out.

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
i think logan had one for sale. contact him. did you misshift again. That sucks. Good luck man

·
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pch said:
i think logan had one for sale. contact him. did you misshift again. That sucks. Good luck man
I did not mis-shift the car. The back bank of 3 cylinders the ones closest to the firewall failed. The dealer says that the pistons overheated and seized for a second. They also found a sludge inside that contained metal shavings. They then sent the inspector out and he of course did not approve of coverage. So I am being denied by Honda Care to fix my ride. I am going to need a new bottom end and catalytic converter.

-Drew

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
Sick6speed said:
I did not mis-shift the car. The back bank of 3 cylinders the ones closest to the firewall failed. The dealer says that the pistons overheated and seized for a second. They also found a sludge inside that contained metal shavings. They then sent the inspector out and he of course did not approve of coverage. So I am being denied by Honda Care to fix my ride. I am going to need a new bottom end and catalytic converter.

-Drew
WOW :eek: How in the h*ell did that happend? What caused it, what else did you do to your car in order for this to happend? I remember in your video were you raced the RSX type s saying you have 3 inch pipes coming down from each cyclinder....does that have anything to do with it? Is that why you need to [email protected]?!?!?! Let us know man. Damn, if I wasnt thinking of using my block, I would of sold it or traded it to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
pch: said:
WOW :eek: How in the h*ell did that happend? What caused it, what else did you do to your car in order for this to happend? I remember in your video were you raced the RSX type s saying you have 3 inch pipes coming down from each cyclinder....does that have anything to do with it?
What?! Are you serious about that?? I have to see a pic to believe it...

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Sick6speed said:

-Drew
How did the rear bank of cylinders overheat? And why won't they cover it under warranty? Your mods wouldn’t justify it not being covered under warranty :confused: .

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
NOOO DREWWW!!! :( damn man.. that sux!!!!.... i thought u were snoozin on tuesday nite thats why i didnt want to bother u ...wish u were snoozin instead of having to hear this... man.. ur sellling ur honda :( ..

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
APOLLON said:
What?! Are you serious about that?? I have to see a pic to believe it...
serious about what? the video? the exhaust? the accident?

drews car is a work of art, it truly is something to behold :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
serious about what? the video? the exhaust? the accident?

drews car is a work of art, it truly is something to behold :D
I was referring to his exhaust. The 3" pipe from each cylinder statement.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts