Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really interested in the engine cover that will fit our 7gen AV6. I think its the one from the TL. Let me know where to get it at and how much.

Jerry

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
That's relatively cheap, is it a direct bolt-on?
Not a direct bolt-on, but not far from it. I think you have to drill a hole in the cover to fasten it down in the back, and on some cars, you may have to move a bolt on a bracket of some kind. iirc. There is a thread detailing all this somewhere.

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
sami said:
I found out that mounting the cover is different on an auto V6 (sedan and coupe) is different than mounting for a 6speed.

On the 6speed you have to remove a bolt and rubber thingy for the cover to sit flat. The autos do not have this problem. :)

I might do a step by step guide later with pictures when I get a hold of a digi cam. :)

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
do it i would like to see it i think i am going to get one
Keep in mind that if he does a diy, it would be for the 6-speeds (not the autos), which has different mounting oppurtunities than the autos.

Btw, there is already a thread detailing what modifications are needed to mount it on an auto.

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
03LXV6Guy said:
Keep in mind that if he does a diy, it would be for the 6-speeds (not the autos), which has different mounting oppurtunities than the autos.

Btw, there is already a thread detailing what modifications are needed to mount it on an auto.

When I do a step by step DIY it will be for both the auto and 6speed. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I recieved the cover, looks awesome. Took a whole 5 minutes to install!!!

I have a 6 speed, i didnt have to remove or move any bracket. All i had 2 do was drill the hole to hold the back down.

I highly reccomend this cosmetic upgrade.

Jerry
2003 6 speed w/ Navi
Injen CAI
Neuspeed Race springs
DIY Black Housings
DIY TL engine cover
Front Lip
Borla
20 % tint
Kicker L7
jl audio 500/1

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mackdaddy - You da man!!! That engine is so clean. Cover looks good.

·
Registered
841 Posts
How much does the TL engine cover cost?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts