Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas -

Well I am looking for quality engine dress up ideas. I've been to the autoparts stores, and they have those cheap plastic tubes that you put wires in and you can do any color you'd like. I guess they call them flex hoses, but they are not even hoses! They are cheap plastic and I am looking for something a little better.

I have a 04 honda accord v6 6 speed. Any suggestions will be appreciated! :)

·
^ that's my name
650 Posts
paint match the inspire cover along with your battery cover....uhm v6p ground kit? Get some of those socks...mugen radiator cap..I dunno haha.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is blue with ghosted flames, id like to keep the blue theme going unless someone else has a better idea :)

I guess I'm trying to find that tubing to put around my stereo wires, and electronic wires, but all the ones I find look cheap and cheesy

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
or just a tl cover and paint it blue. or a polished manifold. it would look really nice since you have polished spokes on your wheels.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slowaccord said:
do u have a blue intake already?

I have the AEM V2 intake, they come grey, kinda boring :(

I can get the grounding kit I guess....and I could get my engine cover done....maybe get some lights to put in the top of the hood so it shines down on my engine...that'd be cool :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
jason2713 said:
I have the AEM V2 intake, they come grey, kinda boring :(

I can get the grounding kit I guess....and I could get my engine cover done....maybe get some lights to put in the top of the hood so it shines down on my engine...that'd be cool :)

uh unless your car is for pure show and barely driving, i dont advise that. engine heat

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
jason2713 said:
My car is blue with ghosted flames, id like to keep the blue theme going unless someone else has a better idea :)

I guess I'm trying to find that tubing to put around my stereo wires, and electronic wires, but all the ones I find look cheap and cheesy

you can have your engine cover painted or powder coated...i would avoid the lights under the hood...you could do new radiator hoses as well...the flexicool i believe..they don't look bad....definately a V6p blue ground kit...functional and adds a little touch of blue to the engine bay...

OT: what size wheels are those (all specs, rim size, tire size, offset, because those are the exact ones i wanted i was looking at 18's but those look HOT) and secondly what kind of drop do you have that will accomidate those wheels..any issues with the size (rubbing, have to roll the fender etc)...thanks

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
spec7 said:
i wish oure engine lookedl ike the B series engine. cuz they have better lookin engines..
yea they have those cool valve covers with the cut outs so you can see the cam gears in action hahahah :p

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Why is everyone hating on the lighting under the hood? As long as the power is fused, and the wires are properly secured, this is a great idea IMO. Nothing would melt unless you had wires physically touching your intake manifold or something.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
smokin6speed said:
you can have your engine cover painted or powder coated...i would avoid the lights under the hood...you could do new radiator hoses as well...the flexicool i believe..they don't look bad....definately a V6p blue ground kit...functional and adds a little touch of blue to the engine bay...
I have the blue radiator hoses, going to get the grounding kit next pay check, and I'll ask painter to do engine cover. That should look good :) The lights I was just going to add like 2 LED strips to the hood to give it a lil glow. I don't think they will melt, I have other plastic parts underneith the hood, as long as I stay away from moving parts and the heated parts, I'll be golden. I've seen small LED strips mounted to the borders of the hood far away from anything.

OT: what size wheels are those (all specs, rim size, tire size, offset, because those are the exact ones i wanted i was looking at 18's but those look HOT) and secondly what kind of drop do you have that will accomidate those wheels..any issues with the size (rubbing, have to roll the fender etc)...thanks
Those are 20" konig unknown rims. They only make them in 20" x 8" with a 40 offset on Nitto 225/35/20 (I didnt want to risk 235). I was daring ordering these with that offset, and when we mounted the tires on the car, it looked like it was going to need the fenders rolled, but it works.

Absolutely no rubbing, I can turn the wheel ALL the way, no hitting. I've had 2 people in the back, no rubbing. It looks great, fills that gap nicely. My car has tanabe springs, about a 1.5 drop.

My old rims that are for sale if anyone interested (Bazo B52 19" Chromes - about 5-6,000 miles on them):

I am just anal, and wanted to fill that whole wheel gap and wanted bigger rims.

I was reluctant to get 20's since everyone said don't do it, but I'm adventuresome. I'm not really into performance (racing just F's your car anyways) so that's why I got em :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sumptimwong said:
They're called "wire looms," and you can find better quality ones on ebay sometimes.

went on ebay, the look exactly like what I have and these are cheap looking bleh! sucks, is there something else people use to wrap up wires into colored wrapping?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
yea, Tim is right. I think blue neons or some lighting under the hood would be cool. some OEM cars have lights under the hood. (not for show but still lights, though)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts