Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ComptechV6 and I have been in touch with Gallery Original Dress Up Parts, and would like you guys to consider their products & give us your feedback on them. They're willing to set up a groupbuy for a "98-02 Honda Accord kit" that currently isn't available, we'd only need 5 customers total including ourselves.

Not everyone will care for their items, but the guys that are in the show scene or just want to add some more flare to their engine bay might want to check out their product line.

Their website is: http://www.galleryfresh.com/index.html

Product examples:

I think the pictures speak for themselves. If any of you are interested, please let ComptechV6 or myself know & we'll hopefully gather enough people for a groupbuy. Since there currently isn't a kit made for our vehicles, there isn't an exact price yet on how much this would cost. As a ballpark price though, compare the other kits available range from around $140 to $270 depending on the number of bolts involved. The more people involved, the greater the discount.

Thanks. -Brad

·
Boosted!
7,368 Posts
Yes, lets get this going. I know some guys on here are into shows and for most of us our cars are getting old, and the bolts are either rusting or oxidizing. So lets freshen up the engine bays.

·
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
3,305 Posts
Not cheap will it matter if it's for a v6 or 4banger but I'm interested. I hope it impacts the look of our engine bays.

It would be awesome if they used a test accord to show the outcome, do you think they could set one of your rides up to be a test car and send you out a kit or maybe at discount off the bat. I think much more people would jump on this kit if they seen how it looked in our engine bays just a thought.

·
Boosted!
7,368 Posts
Yeah im not sure, I contacted them and sent them the link to show the interest on this. I have to see how many bolts I would replace if it was up to me i would do the whole entire bay depending on the price.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
type 6S red or high polish is sweet

a lot of the bolts should be usable for any honda engine bay since sizes are pretty standard between cars..

·
3,305 Posts
Yeah im not sure, I contacted them and sent them the link to show the interest on this. I have to see how many bolts I would replace if it was up to me i would do the whole entire bay depending on the price.
Word that's what I'm thinking if I do this I want to do all my engine pretty much lol, I don't want to leave out anything you can still see which is why a test fitment or more details would be better I guess keep us posted.

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not cheap will it matter if it's for a v6 or 4banger but I'm interested. I hope it impacts the look of our engine bays.

It would be awesome if they used a test accord to show the outcome, do you think they could set one of your rides up to be a test car and send you out a kit or maybe at discount off the bat. I think much more people would jump on this kit if they seen how it looked in our engine bays just a thought.
A majority of the bolts are the same between the I4 and V6 engine bays (fender bolts, headlight bolts, etc etc.), so it shouldn't be too big of a deal to exclude or add a few bolts to differentiate the two versions. If there's enough interest, perhaps we can set up groupbuys for both models.

As far as a test accord, ComptechV6 and I are both interested in purchasing a custom order to replace much more than just the engine bay bolts...but we'll see what happens. I don't think either of us will be revealing too much until our cars are completed. :)

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I wanted to do this a while back. I'm intrested now that I know there are specific sets for this.

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to do this a while back. I'm intrested now that I know there are specific sets for this.
Yeah, and you don't even have to wait around for your car's set to become available. If you count how many 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm bolts you need (and which replacement bolts you want since there are different models of the same size bolt), you can make a custom order just for yourself. Anyone can do that, but we'd rather try to save the accord guys some money by making a large group purchase.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
we may be able to make these sets ourselves for cheaper from mcmaster carr... may not have all the color options though, just stainless steel or maybe polished look

i bet they get their parts from mcmaster carr and then coat/polish them

·
3,305 Posts
That's cool I was planning on buying a similar kit from tasauto.com but it does not look as good as these plus this is a full kit and that was more for just fender, headlight and radiator bolts. Maybe we can take detailed pictures to make a kit. Maybe have pictures taken of all the bolts needed to give them in idea of how many bolts are needed.

This is not a detailed picture but an example we would have to take more detailed pics of course.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
we may be able to make these sets ourselves for cheaper from mcmaster carr... may not have all the color options though, just stainless steel or maybe polished look

i bet they get their parts from mcmaster carr and then coat/polish them
Yup. Some guys got there's from Home depot. Either way I will get a polished set and have Paul repowder them Candy Raspo. :cool:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts