Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be replacing my Engine Mounts , most likely going with the 75A street/race mounts. Just curious what everybody's running and how they like it. Most cuious about the guys with the Race mounts and the Poly-filled stock mounts. THANKS everyone.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,773 Posts
** Thought I'd give my input although I'm not a 7th gen owner.

2001 Accord 2DR
J35 w/ 5-Speed A/T
Poly filed OEM motor mounts

I love it. Response is great, no lag or hesitation.
The vibration was kinda freaky at first, but, I'm used to it now and don't mind it.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I'm kinda in this too. I'm making some purchases elsewhere at the time :)

But I really don't want vibration at idle. To me, it would make the car feel like a 92 Corolla, and I don't want that. OEM mounts will probably fail on me again though. So it's a hard decision. I will have the NRG damper with the custom mount (from Sean), but I doubt that would be enough to prevent the OEM mounts from failing. Sigh.

·
Super Mod
6,932 Posts
i have the 75a mounts. my car vibrates a lot. when the car is about to stall the whole car shakes like crazy. lol. but i love it. gives me the solid feel for the engine. i also have the nrg torque damper as well.

·
FG4
2,274 Posts
75a, love it!!! except when I am in traffic, then I don't like them as much :(

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
Im going to be replacing my Engine Mounts , most likely going with the 75A street/race mounts. Just curious what everybody's running and how they like it. Most cuious about the guys with the Race mounts and the Poly-filled stock mounts. THANKS everyone.
unfortunately, the stock 7th gen mounts cannot be filled =/ only 6th gens and older can.

i personally have the 85a race mounts and LOVE THEM! dont mind the extra vibes whatsoever... to me, its like a free back massage at every stop :up:

but like sonnick said, if you want performance without the lost of refinement, then the nrg torque damper w/custom bracket is the way to go! definetly will help in prolonging the life of the liquid filled stock mounts ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
unfortunately, the stock 7th gen mounts cannot be filled =/ only 6th gens and older can.

i personally have the 85a race mounts and LOVE THEM! dont mind the extra vibes whatsoever... to me, its like a free back massage at every stop :up:

but like sonnick said, if you want performance without the lost of refinement, then the nrg torque damper w/custom bracket is the way to go! definetly will help in prolonging the life of the liquid filled stock mounts ;)
I got the damper but twhere the hell do I get a custom bracket from lol? Please help :)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
sorry, i can only the get the kits as a whole =/. they wont sell just the custom steel bracket by itself, and plus you still need the bottom bracket too.
I still have to figure out how to install the damn thing :hide:

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
yo...

mounts with upgraded bushings if you like firm engine feel...or softer bushings for more silent feel...but aftermarket mounts don't work half as good as they do with the nrg bracket assembly in the rear...I got this from Sean (04accordcoupe)...and man...HUGE AZZ difference...:up:

the mount I got from Sean greatly reduced engine movement....
:up:
also if you want some upgraded used innovative mounts let me know...
I have some for sale....they were on my car...
I got some custom powder coated ones as a gift for my birthday....

·
Czechopino
2,377 Posts
Just curious as to why the 7th gen mounts cannot be filled. Is it because there is no rod going all the way into the mount to hold the whole thing together? I remember replacing my mounts and the front mount just had the whole top come off.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
I still have to figure out how to install the damn thing :hide:
might as well wait and install it when you put in your new clutch kit ;)

the bottom bolt to the motor mount base will be that much easier to get to :D

mounts with upgraded bushings if you like firm engine feel...or softer bushings for more silent feel...but aftermarket mounts don't work half as good as they do with the nrg bracket assembly in the rear...I got this from Sean (04accordcoupe)...and man...HUGE AZZ difference...:up:

the mount I got from Sean greatly reduced engine movement....
also if you want some upgraded used innovative mounts let me know...
I have some for sale....they were on my car...
I got some custom powder coated ones as a gift for my birthday....

Just curious as to why the 7th gen mounts cannot be filled. Is it because there is no rod going all the way into the mount to hold the whole thing together? I remember replacing my mounts and the front mount just had the whole top come off.
the 7th gen mount is nothing but a liquid filled mound of rubber. how can it be filled?? it a totally different design compared to the 6th gen.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, interesting stuff. I have Subaru Group N mounts on my Forester XT.
They are much harder rubber than stock, almost like Polyurethane. My Forester only vibrates alittle at Idle and more with the A/C on. I have the NRG torque damper going in also. I guess im leaning towards the 85A race mounts now, I think they'ed last longer than the 75A.

·
Registered
420 Posts
oem mounts can be filled. You pump them full of urethane. They dont vibrate as much but still provide a much more solid mount for the engine

·
Czechopino
2,377 Posts
oem mounts can be filled. You pump them full of urethane. They dont vibrate as much but still provide a much more solid mount for the engine
Evidently not the 7th gen and up mounts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums

1 - 20 of 59 Posts