Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What engines will directly swap in and bolt up to our transmission? Does anyone have a list? Reason I'm wondering is I'm thinking to do a 3.2 TL swap eventually.

·
Registered
717 Posts
ur gonna spend 2500 buks to gain 10hp and 10 tq???
+1

Loose some weight, and your existing ride will be faster. :bonk:
+2

Unless your going to have a fully built J32A, don't waste your time. Even if you decided to go fully built (port head, valve job, etc) still better to stay with the J30A4 and spend the money, time, and effort on what you got.

Just my 2Cent

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
yo...

to be honest...unless your engine is blown....

don't do this...

if your engine is blown up and your on a budget get a j32a3 junkyard motor and put new timing components in it...

if you have time and the money...just buy a j32a3 block from acura for $500 to 750 (depending on each individual stealership)

then buy a crank(MDX) and piston(cl-s/tl-s) and rods (MDX) and make you a stroker motor...
then when your ready to do the engine swap get your old J30 heads ported and now you have a stroker motor....
:up:

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
no point dude in swapping in tl engine unless ur engine got lots of miles on it or engine is busted. i agree with the others.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I plan on doing the J32A3 but only because my stock engine is dying....want something more powerfully, but at a budget which is why I'm choosing this.

Now I am just waiting for it to conk out on me....

·
Registered
843 Posts
What does a used j32 cost?

What's the average labor cost for the replacement?

·
1,533 Posts
anywhere from 650 to 1500.....

it depends on the mileage and the year model the engine came out of....

either way...put new timing components before you install...

·
Registered
58 Posts
With about 70,000 km's the engine is about $550 or so. Install I've been quoted at $800-$1000 (maybe more in case there are parts needed)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Im new here but i wanted to ask if anybody knows who makes the harness that helps with the cel codes from swapping the a/t j30 engine to m/t j32 engine?

·
1,533 Posts
yo...

Im new here but i wanted to ask if anybody knows who makes the harness that helps with the cel codes from swapping the a/t j30 engine to m/t j32 engine?
for a 6th gen accord I know Richie makes a harness...

for the 7th gen you can buy the harness for in the dash for $90 to 100 from Honda new....the engine bay harness you should get with the engine otherwise it is 350 new I think....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts